Wednesday, March 29, 2017

An unexpected Self Esteem Boost

The last few weeks have been pretty stressful.  Lily has been sick.  The poor girl was diagnosed with strep throat, and then had a fever the whole weekend and diagnosed with an ear infection the next Monday.  She also had a bad cough that my neighbor has termed "The Cough of Death" in which case she would cough so hard it would cause her to throw up.  Of course she had to give this cough to every member of the family.  I can only be thankful that no one got it as bad as she did.  Then her antibiotics were making her throw up if she didn't eat a large enough breakfast.  I'm glad we are officially done with her meds and we are on the mend! 

This morning I worked out to Turbo Fire.  Yesterday I also did Turbo Fire.  I really can't do all the high intensity moves, and I've noticed my body just naturally switches to the lower intensity versions, I don't even have to look at the girl on stage.  I just do what I can.  I can get through the program and that's pretty awesome even if I have to do lower intensity.  I've been working hard on accepting where I am now and trying to take baby steps.  I know that if I try to just jump into some sort of diet to lose weight quickly I will just end up back in the same old cycle.  So I'm hoping that if I can take smaller steps this time, I can make longer lasting changes.  I'm tracking in MFP, most of the time.  I've set my goal at 1700, but it syncs with my fitbit so I always get more activity calories.  What I'm trying to do is make it so that I don't go over my goal plus my activity calories. 

I enjoyed my workout today, and burned about 500 calories during my 47 minutes.  I think that is super important for continuing with any program.  If I hate it then there is no way I will continue doing it for the long term.

I had a friend come over today and she told me she was amazed at all the things I do in my spare time.  I have my flute stand and my cross stitch stand in the living room and my language books are in the TV stand, also in the living room.  It made me feel really good that she thought I was amazing.  I've never thought of myself as amazing before, I've always thought of myself as mediocre and falling short of where I would like to be.  It really made me feel good about myself. 

I thought I would put up a picture of my progress on my cross stitch project, which is Chloe's Christmas Stocking.  I wanted to get it done last year but that didn't happen.  So I really want to get it done this year, which is entirely possible, but I have to make it a priority. 
Well I think that's all for now so I will say:
Gute nacht. Ich kenne nicht Deutsch, aber Ich lerne Deutsch.

And if anyone who reads this speaks German you should totally correct anything wrong I say in the comments.  I thought it might be fun to put up a few sentences at the end of my posts.  My vocabulary is extremely limited right now so that should say "Good night.  I don't know German, but I'm learning German." 

No comments:

Post a Comment