Tuesday, April 9, 2019

First week and weigh in.

The first week went pretty well all in all.  The weekend was tough.  Saturday I actually stayed on plan and the only problem was that I overate at dinner time.  We had hamburgers and home baked french-fries and my inlaws brought potato salad.  I definitely ate too many French fries and potato salad.  But I didn't eat any of the home made cinnamon rolls and I didn't have any chocolate chip banana bread that day and I did take the kids to the pool and swim around with baby boy.  I feel good about Saturday.  I weighed myself on Saturday morning because it just seemed like a good time.  I weighted in at 209.8!  Officially down 4 pounds!  I love the first week for this reason.  I usually drop several pounds the first week.  Oh if all weeks could be this good, but then weight loss wouldn't be as hard as it is and I probably wouldn't be writing this blog.

Then enters Sunday.  I don't know why Sundays are so hard for me, but they have historically been the hardest day of the week.  I think it's because Sunday is a rest day and we don't go anywhere except for Church, and sometimes to visit family.  So the fact that I am home all day long does not help.  I always eat more when I am home all day and Sunday is no exception.  I'm not sure if it's just habit or situational habit or subconsciously I think I should be "resting from my diet" but I always overeat on Sunday.  Always Always Always!  For years and years and even the last time I successfully lost weight, Sunday was binge day.  I really want to get rid of this mentality.  I'm going to have to give some more structure to my Sunday if I want to overcome this hurdle.  So this Sunday, I definitely overate.  It was like all my goals went out the window and I pretty much ate whatever I wanted.  And guess what, I felt like crap Sunday night.  I was bloated, and my stomach hurt and for a while I thought I might throw up.  How silly is that.  Yet I do the same thing over and over again knowing that the results will be the same.  It's time to change.  I'm going to work myself up a schedule for this next Sunday, practice being out of the kitchen and work on breaking this cycle.

So naturally I chickened out with weighing myself on Monday, so I've decided that Saturday is my official weight for the first week, yay! (Whatever motivates me and keeps me going right?)  I made it to the gym three times for a workout and a fourth time taking the kids to the indoor pool area with waterslides and all that good stuff.  I've noticed positive results already.  Walking is easier!  This is a big one.  I can't believe how painful just walking has been for the past several months.  I'm not even morbidly obese, I can't imagine how people 100+ pounds more than I am feel!  My pace has been a slow shuffle, my legs have been hurting, especially my calves, knees and feet.  Today I was carrying baby boy into get my allergy shot and I was noticing that my stride was a little faster and a little looser and a little more pain free!  I am excited about that.  I'm tired of living in pain.

Yesterday I got back on plan, checking off my boxes and I feel like I did pretty well.  I think I went over my food goals by a little bit, but I feel good about it all in all.  My goal for the rest of the week is to stay right on track with my food and get to the gym three times.  I didn't have time to go on Monday, and today I went to get my allergy shot, sign my tax forms and I have a flute lesson soon.  So that leaves Wed, thurs, fri.  Which are good days to go exercise.  I want to take the kids to the pool again on Saturday.  Wednesday there is a Zumba class at 9:45 I want to go to.  Friday, my husband has an important call coming in and he will be at the house so I'm going to the gym early, so I won't make the 10:00 Zumba class so I'm going to do Zombies run again.  I think the running really helps improve my walking comfort and loosen up those muscles and ligaments.  I wish Zombies run would sync with my fitbit so it would count my steps for my run, but it doesn't affect the gameplay or the storyline so it doesn't bother me too much, and I have my fitbit for tracking my running steps.  That will give me two days of running/walking practice and one Zumba class.  This week I am going to see which activity burns more calories.  I know that the run/walk combo gets my heart rate up higher longer so I know that burns more immediate calories but a Zumba class is longer than my run/walk time.

The first time I do Run/Walk I'm going to stick to 2 minutes walking, one minute jogging, if that feels doable then I will increase my run time for my second run to 1.30 minutes jogging at 5.0mph.

So I have a plan!  Things are going as well as can be expected, I've messed up but I'm not letting it get me down.  I know I'm going to mess up again but I can just try again the next day and keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment