Monday, April 15, 2019

When life gives you lemons... Throw them up!

I don't have a whole lot to report in this post without severely grossing you all out.  Sufficeth to say, I was sick last week.  It hit me Tuesday at about 4:00 I was feeling very tired and pretty sick, but I made dinner for the family.  I didn't eat much and at about 9:00pm.....lets just say I haven't been that sick since before I can remember.  It even tops the memory of the last stomach flu I got five years ago.  I didn't get any sleep until about 3:00 in the morning.  I was just so thankful that baby boy didn't wake up during that time.  I guess in a way, I was "lucky" to have gotten sick at night when everyone else was sleeping.  There was no way I was nursing a baby during that time.  I survived his 3:45am feeding although it wasn't easy.

Wednesday I didn't eat anything all day, I was exhausted from not sleeping all night and still feeling very ill.  I was able to eat a can of chicken noodle soup about 3pm.

Thursday I felt better, I ate half a cup of oatmeal for breakfast and a slice of pizza for dinner (which turned out to be a bad idea because the cheese upset my stomach, but it tasted so good! But again, bad idea for the lactose intolerant.... one of these days I'll learn.)

Friday I thought I was on the mend and I even went to the gym Friday morning.  I decided to take it easy and walk on the treadmill.  I did my usual hill workout and it kicked my butt!  I was only walking at 3.5mph.  I used to walk at 4.2 for an hour doing the rolling hills workout on the treadmill and barely break a sweat.  This time I about died and I only made it 45 minutes!  But I have to think about where I am now and not where I was.  Friday night I got sick again, I'm not sure why it came back and hit me again but I was sick all afternoon and evening.

Saturday I ate two sleeves of saltine crackers throughout the day and a bowl of chicken noodle soup for dinner.  I weighed myself Saturday and I was 205.6.  That was pretty fun to see, but I didn't expect it to stay that low.  I knew as soon as I started eating food again, my weight would jump back up.

Sunday I ate a normal breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the first time in an week.  I weighed myself this morning and I was back up to 208.6.  I was rather surprised it jumped up that much after only one day of eating.  It's not like I ate a ton of food.  I figured after not eating for a week and with exercising I'd be down two pounds at least but it is what it is.  We will just have to see what my body does by this coming Saturday.

It was a pretty miserable week.  My milk dried up because I wasn't eating anything and my baby boy was cranky and fussy and mad (just like how I felt haha).  Hopefully now that I'm eating everything will correct itself and I can be on my way.  I just have to stick to the plan and not over indulge on my first several days of eating.  Being sick for a week doesn't give me an excuse to binge.  Besides, that would probably upset my stomach and I've had enough of that for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment