Friday, July 8, 2016

Not much has changed

This past week has been tough.  My knee is still hurting, although the swelling has gone down a lot.  I suppose that is a good thing, but just going down the stairs this morning it was hurting.  I thought it was better a few days ago, but then it decided to swell up at night and start hurting again the next day.  But I do think it is slowly getting better.  I can't exercise though.  I suppose if I really wanted to I could do Pilates or something along those lines.  I can't even lift weights because many of the maneuvers require lunge positions and I can't support myself on that knee right now. 

The fourth of July was great.  Lots of fun and family and the kids had a blast, they were completely exhausted the next day. 

My eating hasn't been perfect.  I'm really trying to eat Paleo but the afternoons have proven to be exceedingly difficult the past several days.  My meals are Paleo, but some snacks have been creeping in.  Matt also requested chocolate chip cookies on Sunday so we have those in the house.  From now on though, I'm going to make Paleo desserts.  There are lots of them that look really good, and hopefully they won't make my tummy hurt so much because there won't be any dairy in them!  I think in general I'm doing well as my digestive system feels much better than it has in a long time.  I don't get stomach aches anymore.  And my weight has stayed the same even though I haven't' been working out.  However my energy levels have been really low, but that might be due to lack of sleep.  I've had a few restless nights.  Because my energy has been so low, I've really been struggling with my mood.  I've been cranky and kind of depressed the past several days.  Which might be why I've been struggling more with eating. 

School is starting up soon for my oldest and so I've set an alarm on my phone for 6:30am.  I'm going to make it a goal to get into a routine of waking up every morning at 6:30am and getting myself going so that when school does start it isn't quite as big of an adjustment.  I like getting up at 7:30, but she has to be at school by 8am so we will have to start getting up earlier.  Other than that I don't have much to say.  I hope my knee heals and I can start doing some sort of exercise again, maybe I will start riding my bike, which is much easier on the knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment