Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter, Energy and Exercise

Last week I feel like I did a pretty good job of tuning into my energy and listening to my body.  I did eat more than I would have liked but for every day (with the exception of Sunday) MFP said I would still be losing weight.  Monday was the day I was crazy busy, Tuesday I ran then swam and came home and promptly passed out.  It was my first day of my 10k app and I'm not used to running and especially not adding swimming onto the end of that and I swam farther than I ever had at one time before, so I'm not surprised I was so tired.  Wednesday I did day 2 of my 10k app and then tried to swim but was too tired, so I decided to listen to my body and stop exercising.  Thursday was a rest day, Friday I did Zumba on the Wii and I had a great time and my back didn't even hurt!  Saturday I finished week 1 of my 10K app and then continued on the treadmill at a fast walk and made up my time on Wednesday for a total of 4 hours of exercise last week. 

Yesterday was Easter!  I wish I could say that I was good and stayed within my calorie range, or even within 2,000 calories.... but I pretty much just ate and ate because there were cookies and candies available and no one to stop me.  So my calorie count was *cough* 3,803 *cough*  I'd weigh something like 167.8 if I did that every day for 5 weeks.  I felt so sick last night though so I don't think I will be doing that again soon.  My one victory is that I actually tracked everything.  Usually I just say "whatever, I know I'm over so what is the point?"  Well I actually tracked (even though it was mostly me trying to remember what I ate at the end of the day and every time I remembered something I put it in. I think I got it all though, some of it is estimated but that is better than nothing).  I put it all in around 5pm (we had an early dinner it was lunch/dinner combined) and it gave me enough motivation to not eat anything for the rest of the day.  I could have continued to eat candy and junk through 9pm but I stopped eating when I saw how many calories I had already consumed.  So that is one plus of tracking everything you are eating.  Also I now know how bad this holiday was, my goal is to make the next holiday not so bad.  It's progressing slowly, but it's changes that I know I can make.  The next holiday is at the end of May: Memorial Day and that is just a BBQ, not so much candy so the calories won't add up quite so fast.  There isn't really another sweet holiday until Halloween so I have no excuses for a good 7 months. 

 Chloe was too excited about the candy in her Easter basket to pull things out of it for a while.  But I bought her an Easter Dora The Explorer DVD, and two Dora T-shirts, you can see she is wearing one of them in the picture below.  Lily got a Dora DVD too and also some clothes: frozen shirt, mini mouse shirt, dora shirt, and some shorts.  She was much more excited about the items in her basket than Chloe was.  After the excitement of the candy, Chloe became more interested in her items too.
 Chloe on the Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard! The kids had a blast, Chloe was so excited about finding an egg that she ran into a tree branch because she wasn't looking where she was going.  Poor girl.  She recovered pretty quickly though, her basket was full of eggs by the end.  Almost as many as in Lily's basket!
Lily in the front yard looking for Easter Eggs.  Lily was so excited for today, she has been counting down the days all week.  I think she got way overstimulated because she threw several tantrums but she still had a good time doing all the activities.  Matt made an interesting comment when he said "as soon as we finished all the planned activities for the day Lily's behavior vastly improved".  Which is true, after we finished the last activity of Dying eggs she was fine the rest of the day. 

We had a great day, and today I am determined to get back on track and not let the holiday ruin my whole week.  Which is another added bonus of tracking because I know how many calories I ate yesterday and I have to face that number, and I don't want today to be high as well.  Most of the time I struggle getting back on track because I just don't track anything and I feel less accountable.  Not today!  I hope all of you had a great Easter Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment