Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday

Ahhhh, Sunday.  My nemesis.  Today I did really well until 7:30 at night.  Normally I'm not a late night snacker and I don't usually eat after dinner.  But today we had leftovers and I ate at the usual time and my husband opted to eat much later (at 7:30pm) in which he asked me to heat up his food for him.  I should have known better and stayed out of the kitchen.  But since my only jobs in this house are to make food, clean and take care of the kids I kind of feel obligated.  Besides that he likes it when I get his food ready for him, and it's one way I can show him I love him so I don't mind doing it at all.  It's just that tonight as I was heating everything up for the second time.... the cookie jar was right there!  And I ate three cookies I wasn't planning on eating.  Then we had to sit down and I had to feed Lily too who also follows her father's eating habits (she is exactly like him in so many ways it's crazy).  And then I had to finish off the bag of chips because there weren't many chips in there.  And then of course Lily wanted a treat and she wanted Easter candy so I ate a few of those little Easter chocolate eggs.    *angry face at self* If the family had just eaten together this wouldn't have happened.  But it did, and as far as Sunday's go, it's pretty tame. 

Usually I eat 12 cookies, chocolate chips, and just about anything else we have on hand.  I am really trying to choose healthier and gain more control.  I have been reading on Ronisweigh and I love her philosophy of letting go of being perfect and just trying to be better every day.  Permanent change is slow and progressive.  That's how I want to be.  Slowly making positive changes that I know will stick instead of trying to rapidly diet down to a dream weight.  If I can't sustain the weight loss why go through the pain of trying to lose it?  Best to do it right this time and break out of the yo yo dieting cycle, find out what my eating patterns really are, try new things and constantly make changes, constantly strive to be better.  Here is a link to Roni's post about letting go of perfection.

http://ronisweigh.com/2013/06/5-ways-ditching-perfect-has-made-me-happier-healthier-and-more-successful.html

No comments:

Post a Comment