Friday, June 3, 2016

Still Going

Do you ever feel like the Universe is against you?  Day two of exercising I landed on my right foot wrong, in exactly the same way I hurt my left foot two years ago.  The difference was I wasn't coming down from a jump so fortunately I didn't hurt myself too bad.  Last time I landed on my foot like that it took three months to heal.  I hurt the rest of Wednesday, but used Deep Blue from Doterra and Ibuprofen to manage the pain.  On Thursday I rested from exercising and as long as I didn't move my foot from side to side I was ok.  Today I was able to exercise again, but I kept it very low intensity.  I woke up exhausted today.  Chloe fell out of bed at 5am and then Lily woke up sick at 5:30.  Lily was sick last night with a fever.  I'm dreading that it is Colorado Tick Fever.  She was bit by a tick on Monday when we were staying in the Mountains near Gunnison.  It takes six months for the virus to completely leave your body and about half of infected people experience multiple breakouts during that time (usually two, the initial fever and then another one later).  It could be something else, my brother is also sick with a fever and sore throat and Lily has been staying up late for the past several nights so who knows.  I gave her some medicine today and she has been acting a lot better, so at least medicine is helping her feel better. 

I was pretty tired during my workout today, but since I couldn't have done anything high intensity if I was feeling up for it, I guess it all worked out.  I still burned over 500 calories. 

I'm trying not to worry about where I was.  Pining for the past is not going to help anything, it's not going to change anything.  I can only work with where I am now and make progress from my current situation.  I've been doing good with my food.  Tuesday I ate 1,736 calories, Wednesday was 1,825 and Thursday was 1,767.  I feel really good about that.  I think I'm on the right track. 
Source

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! Little steps are progress! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete