Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Cheesecake and oatmeal

The last few days have been going well.  I've tried out several new recipes.  I made a cheesecake from my dairy free cream cheese and I also made some peanut butter fudge for a fat bomb.  Today I'm going to make some salmon goat cheese fat bombs.  I drank another rocket fuel tea Sunday night and it didn't upset my stomach very much which was great.  I'm feeling pretty good today.  I was able to walk on the treadmill yesterday and today I did Zumba at home.  It was really hard today, but that could be due to several factors besides just changing my diet: I haven't done Zumba in a while and I am just getting over being sick. 
Keto strawberry cheesecake


I've had more energy today than any other day and interestingly enough I woke up this morning and I was not hungry.  After himming and hawing about what to eat for a while, I decided to make Keto oatmeal. It has Hemp seeds and coconut oil and almond milk, and at the end you mix in some almond flour.  I topped mine with some pecans and two strawberries. 
I ate half of my oatmeal.  I really enjoyed it, but I just wasn't hungry.  I didn't eat again until 12:30.  Talk about crazy.  I'm usually ravenous in the morning.  About 10:00 I noticed a weird taste in my mouth, almost metallic maybe?  I wonder if it's a sign I'm starting to go into Ketosis since your breath is supposed to smell like Acetone for a while.  I'm not sue though, as it seems a little early for that yet.  It's supposed to be at least two weeks before you start expressing signs of Ketosis and becoming more fat adapted.  But I will take it as a sign that things are working as they are supposed to.  Needless to say, today I have felt different than before and I hope it means all things are going as planned.  I ate a smaller amount than normal for lunch too.  I just haven't been very hungry today and it's kind of nice.  Much different than feeling like I need to eat all the time, whether I was hungry or not. 

My weight hasn't been doing much, which I am only a little disappointed about since most people loose a lot the first week just from their body dumping their glycogen stores.  However, I haven't really been restricting my calories.  I counted for a few days, but I hate tracking my food, although I really probably should just to make sure my ratios are coming out ok and I'm not getting too many carbs.  The three days I did track everything, it looked pretty good.  My total carbs were about 7% and it's supposed to be 5% so I figure if I just count net carbs instead of total carbs I've pretty much hit that goal (although I admit there is always room for improvement, that's pretty good for a first week) My fat was 75-77% so all seemed pretty good there too.  Day one my weight was 187.6 from eating poorly for a week and a half before I started, and a few days later it was 185 and it stayed there for a few days and now it's 185.4.  So I will see what it is tomorrow at the one week mark.  I'm not too worried about it at this point.  I've shed all the excess bloat from overeating carbs and my pants feel better for it.  It's kind of amazing what just a few pounds can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment