Friday, May 5, 2017

You Can't Win Them All

So, I had my first recipe fail, I suppose you could say, since starting.  Maybe another way of putting that is, the first recipe I made that I really hated.  They were a smoked salmon fat bomb.  I like everything that is in the recipe: smoked salmon, goat cheese, and butter.  But somehow, all together they were not my favorite.  In fact... I ate one and then threw the rest in the trash.  I know my husband wouldn't have liked them because they were super salty and he hates salty things so I didn't even bother. 
They look nice though.  I think that it is possible that if I found a smoked salmon lower in sodium, and used unsalted butter (the only organic butter I could find at the grocery store was salted) they might be good, but that experiment will have to wait a while as the memory of eating them makes my stomach churn. 

I am on day 11 of going Keto and I haven't had any cheat days or meals.  I checked my ketone levels yesterday and today in the afternoon and they are at about 2, so I think I'm on the right track.  Yesterday I was super tired but I think that had more to do with Chloe wetting the bed at 4am and then not being able to fall back asleep.  I've felt much better today.  I was pretty tired this morning but I've felt better since about 11:00, after I went to the gym.  I wasn't very motivated at the gym today and I didn't feel my best.  When I went on Tuesday I felt great, but today was not one of those feel great working out days, and that's ok.  I re-did week 2 day 1 of my 10K trainer which is run 90 seconds and then walk 2 minutes, and then repeat that for 20 minutes.  That felt hard today, so next time I will redo it until it feels easier.  I was really hoping to see some improvement by now in my running since I've been working on it since January 1st but I have a suspicion that my lack of weight loss has hampered my running progress.  I was hoping to do a relay triathlon with my family at the end of summer, but at this pace there is no way I'd be able to run a 10k.  (My husband and father in law would do the other two legs and I would run).  Hopefully Keto works for me and I start dropping weight and can feel better soon.  If things don't get moving soon, the tri will be off, I'm not anywhere close to where I thought I would be.  I originally wanted to run a 5K in May, but even that isn't going to happen with me barely able to run a minute and a half at a time. 

I think my hormones are still messed up from my miscarriage.  Speaking of which I finally was able to get in to see a doctor and get the ball rolling to see what the heck is going on inside my body.  It's been over a year now so I don't have to deal with any "just wait and see if you heal" or "we have to wait until you've been trying for a year before we can do anything".  So frustrating.  But it's all in the past now, and hopefully I can get some answers soon.  I have a suspicion my hormones might be hampering my weight loss efforts. 

And speaking of weight loss, I am down to 184.2 this morning.  So I finally broke through the 185 mark, but I was at 184 just a month ago and the lowest I've been this year is something like 182.6.  Also last night I only drank a rocket fuel bone broth for dinner at 5:00, so I'm not confident that the number reflected on the scale this morning is all that accurate.  I plan on eating  a normal dinner tonight and then we will see tomorrow if it's real weight loss or just a result of not eating solid food for dinner. 

In parting I will leave you with a picture of my salad I ate for lunch.  The dressing is simply basil infused olive oil with salt and pepper on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment