Friday, June 6, 2014

6 Years

Happy Anniversary to me!  Today is our six year anniversary, and as Matt would say "I can't believe we made it this far."  (He is joking of course).  This morning I got in my workout early, Lily and Chloe have been waking up much earlier now that the sun comes up so early.  Fortunately today we installed some blackout curtains on their windows.  They both have blinds but the blinds don't seem to do much.  Now with the blackout curtains on their rooms get pretty dark and hopefully they will start sleeping until 7:00 again.  It's been pretty stressful for both me and the kids for them to get up at 5:30 and 6:00am.  Especially Lily who doesn't take naps, she is so exhausted but is so adamant that she has to get up because the sun is up.

Chloe is learning to use utensils and as a result she doesn't want to be fed anymore.  She wants to do it herself.  And as anyone who has kids can tell you, this leads to a big mess.  Her meals now typically look something like this:

She looks like she has a yogurt beard haha!  Matt and I already celebrated our anniversary by going to the Melting Pot last week for fondu!  Yum yum, but today we did get out to see a movie.  We saw Edge of Tomorrow, and Matt loved it.  I thought it was a good movie, definitely entertaining.  The whole time continuum thing always blows my mind when I see it in movies.  It reminded me a lot of "The Prince of Persia"  where at the end of the movie he goes back in time to where the whole movie essentially didn't happen.  I did enjoy it though, even if I would have rather seen X-men.  But Matt doesn't like X-men.  Oh well.

The rest of the day was less than exciting.  Just the norm.  The kids were very difficult and whiny due to lack of sleep.  Chloe is FINALLY on the mend, her runny nose is clearing up and she is feeling much better.  Her cough has gone down and although she was still fussy it wasn't nearly as bad as the past few days.

So as I may have mentioned before I am in a Turbo Fire challenge group, which is a group designed to keep us all motivated and looking forward and today's question is to remind ourselves why we are doing this in the first place.  For most of the girls this is the end of week 2, but it was a good question for me since I have been in this journey for almost a year and a half now.  So Why am I doing this in the first place? Well I'm doing this to be a happier, more energetic person.  I'm doing this to feel good about myself and to prove to myself that I can do it.  I am doing this to be able to be more active with the kids, to be a better mom and a better person.  I am doing this to build my self confidence and to stop letting life pass me by. 

I just finished up my first week of cracking down on my nutrition and the scale reads 148.  I admit, I was surprised it took all week to get back down to 148.  It was a real eye opener to me that I really had gotten pretty lax with how many calories I was eating.  So far my no desserts for the month of June challenge is going well, but it is only the 6th day of course it's going well.  One thing I can say for sure, is that I am tired of saying "back to day 1"  or "day 1 starts Monday".  Over the past six months I have lost count of how many "day 1s" I have had.  I am now on day 6 and counting!  And next week, I hope to be at or very close to 145.

No comments:

Post a Comment