I love these pancakes! They taste different than your usual pancakes and are a refreshing change from the norm. They are nice and fluffy due to the buttermilk and the whipped egg whites. These are some of my very favorite pancakes!
Points Plus per serving: 5
Serving size: two pancakes made with 1/4 cup batter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs, separated
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp lemon zest, or increase to taste
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form, set egg whites aside
3. In a large bowl, beat together buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and ricotta cheese.
4. Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture until just combined
5. Add egg whites, fold in gently
6. Coat a large nonstick griddle or pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Spoon batter into pan in 1/4 cup serving sizes.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate chips, syrup, or fruit and enjoy! (note: adding these extra ingredients will alter the points plus value)