Saturday, June 28, 2014

Finding a more sustainable plan

So this past week I have been working on trying to figure out a calorie range that works better for me.  I know that I need to cut way back on calories to continue to lose weight, I also know that I tend to do really good Monday-Friday and then eat more on Saturday and Sunday.  So I decided that during the week days my goal is going to be to eat less than 1500 calories on the weekdays (somewhere in the 1400s) and to eat less than 1800 on the weekends (somewhere in the 1700s).  According to My Fitness Pal, without exercise I would need to eat 1440 calories per day to lose weight, which is where I got the first number.  The second number comes from the Turbo Fire workbook where it calculates how many calories you burn in a day and then adds in exercise and subtracts 500 calories to create a deficit and that number is 1770.  So I am hoping that this plan is more sustainable and that I will be able to work in a few treats on the weekend without consuming an extra 3-4,000 calories on the weekend completely ruining all my hard work over the week. 

The past few days I have been really tired, but yesterday I managed to take the kids to my parents house to jump on the trampoline.  I didn't do Turbo Fire yesterday, but my fitbit estimates that I burned around 700 calories for two hours jumping on the trampoline.  This morning I was 145.2, which is down from earlier this week.  I got up to 147.6 earlier in the week because I wasn't eating very well. 

I also got an accountability partner!  After all this time I finally have an accountability partner!  So we hold eachother accountable for nutrition and we are both trying not to eat any desserts for the remainder of this group challenge.  Except of course on special occasions, like July 4th that is coming up and my birthday coming up as well.  Fortunately there are not too many holidays over the next few months, just July 4th and my birthday, Dad's birthday isn't until the end of August and then Labor day isn't until September.  So it shouldn't be too hard to avoid a lot of desserts.  My new goal is to hit my goal weight before the weather turns cold and I have to buy pants.  I would like to buy some good pants that I can wear next season too instead of buying pants I just have to throw away at the end of the season. 

My new motto is "just do it" (which ironically I think it also the Nike slogan but oh well.  The point is, losing these last 20 pounds is not going to be easy and I need to just do it.  I need to stop messing around with my nutrition and buckle down and just do it and reach my goal!  So that is my new mind set.  Today is day 4 of my new plan.  I have Zumba tonight and I am going to make my pasta for lunch instead of dinner so I don't have a lot of heavy food in my stomach while I am doing Zumba. 

I love this statement below.  I am glad that I didn't give up on myself while I was in my plateau.  I am glad that I didn't let myself be defeated by the scale.  I am never giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment