Sunday, June 22, 2014

Shopping for family photos and new measurements


Family Photos are coming up on July 12th and I'm working as hard as I can to look my best for them.  Ironically when all is said and done, I will probably be around the same weight I was in the last family photos, hopefully a little lighter.  (I was 145 in the last family photos when we got them taken about 10 years ago around my senior year of high school).  So we drove to Denver to go shopping at the mall there, and let me tell you that there is nothing quite like shopping for clothes that makes me wish I were rich!  Pretty much everything that I saw that I liked was about $100 for one article of clothing (pants, shirts, all the dresses were $150+)  It was Crazy!  Who can afford such ridiculous prices for clothes?  Anyway, I found these two adorable clothes on the clearance rack in Dillards:
Even at half off they were $21 per dress, and they were the wrong shade of blue for the pictures so we ended up not getting them.  We did find a dress in Dillards for the girls that would have been perfect, but it was of course full price and cost $40 per dress and there was no way I was paying $80 for the kids dresses, that is way out of my budget.  The kids did pretty well all things considered especially since they didn't have a play area for the kids to play on and we were at the mall from 9:45 until 3:15.  That is a long time for the kids and especially since Chloe didn't get in a nap.  After a while, Chase found a dress at JC penny's and it was half off and only cost $21!  It was a beautiful navy blue dress covered in lace.  So we changed the color theme for the photos from royal blue to navy blue (we never did find anything in royal blue anyway), and continued looking.  After hitting up Macy's Mom and I found our dresses:

Sorry about the socks in that photo, wasn't really thinking about it at the time.  A beautiful dress, and it matches Chase's dress perfectly!  Mom's dress was similar guess what the price tag on that beauty was............$155!  And not on sale!  Holy Cow!  Now guess what size I am wearing in that photo....waiting.......still waiting...... here's a hint.  The last dress I bought was a size 10..... still thinking?........... Okay, I'll tell you.  It's a size 4!  Mwahahahahaha!  So crazy that I'm wearing a size 4! Now for the reality check, this brand obviously makes larger sized dresses because there is no way I would fit into a standard size 4 (if there is such a thing).  But now is a great time to mention.......
My new measurements!!!!  So I haven't taken my measurements for 7 weeks and I don't think I made much progress the first four weeks since the first four weeks my weight went from 151 to 151  haha, not much of a change eh?  But I've been rockin' it the last three weeks and here are my new stats:

                   before              now              change
waist              34                   32 3/4          -1 1/4
hips               40                   38 1/2          -1 1/2
Abductors      40 1/4             39 3/4           -1/2
chest              35                  34 3/4           -1/4
R. Arm           11 1/4            10 3/4            -1/2
L. Arm           11 1/4            11                 -1/4
R. Thigh        21                  20 3/4          - 1/4
L Thigh         21                 20 1/2           -1/2
weight         151.7               144.2             -7.5


Woo Hoo!  Down 5 inches!  This is the best measure in that I have ever had!  I am super excited to be back on track.  I am in the home stretch, losing these last 23 pounds is not going to be easy, but I just need to do it and get it done!

So after looking at Macy's we put the dresses on hold and ate some lunch and let the kids play at the only play thing they had for kids: 
This rocking horse thing.  So that kept the kids entertained for all of 15 minutes and after searching everywhere else and finding only a $1,200 dress at Nordstrom I looked on Retail me not and found a 25% off coupon for Macy's.  Also if you opened up a Macy's credit card you could get 20% off and we were able to stack the discounts and get our dresses for 45% off!  I felt much better about that and Mom helped me pay for an additional 5% so I only had to pay for half of my dress.  Fortunately I had some money in my Pampered Chef account and I was able to cover the $75.  It is a beautiful dress and I am happy to have it. 

1 comment: