Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tilapia with creamy Shrimp Sauce

So as a part of my Turbo Fire Challenge group, we get points if we post recipes and pictures of the things that we make onto the facebook group page.  So I have a lot of pictures of various recipes I have been making over the past several weeks and I figured it was about time that I started working harder on my recipes page anyway.  So the next several days I am going to be posting all these recipes that I have pictures for in my phone. 

I stumbled across today's recipe earlier this week when I was looking for something to make with the food in my freezer.  I had tilapia and I had shrimp, and sausage, and chicken and various other food items.  However I wanted to make something out of the fish and the recipe called for Sole, but I didn't have Sole, I had Tilapia and I think it made an excellent substitute.  This recipe is easy to make and tastes AMAZING!  I was blown away by how good it was, especially for a leftover night!  I served it with lots of peas on the side.


Ingredients
1 1/2 lb sole fillets (I used Tilapia)
1/4 tsp each: salt, paprika, ground pepper
3/4 pound sliced fresh mushroom (I despise mushrooms so I left this off)

Sauce:
1 1/2 tsp grated onion
4 1/2 tsp butter
4 tsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp each: salt, paprika, and ground pepper
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3/4 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
4 tbsp grated parmesean cheese, divided
1 tsp minced fresh parsley (I used dried parsley and it worked out just fine)
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Directions
1.  Place fillets in a 15x10x1" baking pan coated with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushrooms over medium heat until tender, spoon over fillets.
3. Bake at 350 deg for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
4.Meanwhile, in same skillet cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender.  Stir in the flour, salt, paprika, and pepper until blended.
5. Gradually stir in milk and broth.  Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.  Stir in the shrimp, 3 tbsp Parmesean cheese, parsley and basil, heat through.
6. Spoon the sauce over fish, sprinkle with cayenne and remaining cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment