Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Get back to Work

This last Sunday was the first Sunday of the month and for those of the LDS faith, that means Fast Sunday.  We fast for two meals (usually breakfast and lunch).  I have always had a hard time with Fast Sunday and in general I usually don't do it.  I have fasted a grand total to three times in my whole life of being an LDS member.  This Sunday however I decided that it was just something that I needed to do.  I needed to prove to myself that I am stronger than food, I needed to prove that I can have power of food if I want to claim it.  (And yes, this last Sunday is included in that count of three).  And so, being completely terrified I fasted.  And you know what, I actually did pretty well.  I am proud of myself for showing self control and for proving that I can conquer food.  Yes it was hard, I had a pretty flat affect throughout the day but I did it.  I was successful, and no one can take that away from me.  I proved that I do have the power and strength to change my life, to life healthy, and to life a life free from food addiction.  It might not be easy, in fact I know it is not easy, it is down right hard.  You have to work for it, constantly.  Over time things might begin to become second nature to you, but while losing weight, and for the first while maintaining, it is hard work and requires constant effort.  I am now ready to go back to work. 


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Great I fasted one day our church was doing it for a day for prayer and fasting. I made it all day I was so proud of myself so I know that you are to!

    ReplyDelete