Saturday, December 20, 2014

Fitbits and Manicures

Wow, this month has been going fast.  I feel like I am really excited for Christmas to get here but I know that as soon as it does, it will be over so fast, and then you have the post Christmas blues to deal with.  I went to see The Hobbit last night with my in laws.  As a Lord of the Rings fan, I loved it.  I do wish they had tied up some of the threads of the storyline a little better but of course that would just have made the movie longer, and as it stands it is already 2.5 hours.  Still, I'm sad that its now come to an end.  The movies started coming out when I was in high school. 

Changing focus, I got a new fitbit!  I wish the Charge HR was out, but it doesn't come out until next year, but I got the Fitbit Charge.  Super cool!
This one stays on my wrist so hopefully I won't forget to un clip it from my sports bra and throw it in the washing machine.  My old one never recovered from that.  Besides, with the fitbit one I always felt like you could see it through my shirt.  There wasn't really a good fashionable place to clip it to your bra.  I don't know if any of you have had that experience but that is what it seemed like to me.  I like how this one buzzes when you have a phonecall coming in, and also how you can double tap the screen to turn it on.  It's the simple things that make you smile.

I've come down with some sort of cough :-( so my steps are low today, but I still got in close to 8,000.  Not too bad all things considered.  I would love to have more friends to compete with anyone out there want to be fitbit buddies?  I haven't looked at the interface in a while since my old one went through the wash, but now you can actually orchestrate official challenges with your friends such as who can get the most steps in a 24 hr period and who can get the most steps in over the weekend (I would totally fail that one, Sunday is always my lowest step day), and you can also do week days.  You can now change your focus from steps to stairs climbed, or mileage too.  I like the new updates they have been doing, makes it more fun.

Changing focus again, wow I'm scatter brained tonight, or maybe I just can't think of any graceful transitions... that's what happens when I get sick and my brain isn't thinking too poetically.  I decided to treat myself to a manicure for the holidays since I had some money from some Pampered Chef shows I had done last month.  I found some cool holiday styles on Pinterest and this is what I ended up going with.
I went over to my neighbor's house today because Lily saw their little girl playing in the backyard and wanted to go play, and as we were talking I noticed we had the exact same manicure!  Ha!  We both saw it on pinterest.  I guess there is a reason why we are friends.  We think alike.

Speaking of Manicures, I've been thinking about picking it up as a new hobby.  Whenever you take something out of your life (such as eating too much food) you are always supposed to add something in that you enjoy so that you don't feel empty or like there is a void.  Besides exercise, which I added in purely for the purpose of losing weight, I never added anything into my life when I was losing weight.  I've been trying to take things out without putting anything back in.  It's been a very long time since I picked up a new hobby, and I think now would be a good time.  I ran it by my husband and he actually agrees with me.  Hot Dang and Hallelujah.  If he agrees then it must be a good idea.   This is something I've gone back and forth with throughout the years, I will get really interested in doing my nails, and then I will leave it, then I will go out and buy a whole bunch of cheap nail polish and then I will leave it.  And back and forth the cycle goes.  This time I am going to actually buy the salon quality stuff so I can actually do a real manicure at home instead of just putting some cheap nail polish on that peels off within 24 hours.  I have some money built up from working as an office assistant for my Pampered Chef Director and I've decided that when I get paid I will buy a Gelish starter kit and an LED lamp curing light.  Also some of the other basics for manicures such as the soaking bowl, the soap, the lotion etc.  In case you are wondering, because I know you aren't, I chose Gelish over Shellac.  They are both very similar products but I chose Gelish for three reasons 1. they use an LED lamp instead of a UV lamp (faster cure times and something about exposing myself and my kids to UV rays that frequently doesn't sit right with me).  2. The colors!!!  Gelish has a ton more colors than Shellac 3. Gelish is easier to get ahold of as Shellac pretty much only sells their products to salons, although I've found some stuff on Amazon.  Gelish sells their products to the consumers (me!)
I want to learn how to do French Tip and maybe even airbrush eventually.  I've been looking on pinterest too much probably (and we all know what happened the last time I tried something I saw on pinterest- if you don't all you have to do is look at the post right before this one ;-)



I'm really excited about it, then I can invite my friends over and we can do manicures!  It's perfect, something to be social with, and Lily is totally into doing her fingernails and toenails.  So that will be coming in January.

That's all I've got for today, Unless something totally awesome happens I have to blog about or I get struck with a brilliant idea lets just assume I won't be posting again until after Christmas.  Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
http://funmozar.com/christmas-clip-art/



1 comment:

  1. I have only had 2 manicures. I wish I had a friend that did them. I love your new fitbit! I am going to get the wrist one next. I would like to be your friend on fitbit. my email is vickie@rtmc.net Thanks.

    ReplyDelete