Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Green Eggs and Ham

Wow, today was a very busy, and productive day.  This morning I woke up and made breakfast for me and Matt: Chocolate Oatmeal!  My favorite.  It's Old fashioned oats with some cocoa powder in it.  I eat one cup of the chocolate oatmeal and my add ins are: 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp PB2, some almond milk, 1 tbsp brown sugar.  It's how I like it best!  I think the PB2 adds a ton of flavor and really makes it great.  Afterwards it was time for the kids to take a bath, then they had to eat breakfast.  I have been reading Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss with Chloe so I asked her if she wanted green eggs and ham for breakfast and she was really excited about it, so we went downstairs and made some breakfast.
And then came the best part: eating it!

She had a great time and it was a fun morning.  You can see Lily photo bombing the video at the very end haha!  Afterwards we had to go to Costco and what a trip it was. We seemed to be out of everything, including diapers, toilet paper, dishwasher soap, sandwich bags.  Everything!  I had to buy Chia seeds, Quinoa, cheese, chicken, peanut butter, brownie mix, the whole nine yards, even things that I usually only buy occasionally because they last a long time (like Chia seeds and Vanilla) I had to buy today.  Fortunately I had a rebate check and got $87 off but still managed to spend over $300.  I hate those trips, it always makes me antsy spending so much money, but hey, you have to eat.  Remarkably the kids were really well behaved throughout the trip.  Chloe only had one melt down and that was when we were checking out.  After we came home I put a movie on for the kids while I spent the next hour and a half bringing in my haul, and reorganizing the food storage in the basement and the freezer (fortunately our freezer is small: it's attached to our fridge, we don't have a deep freeze).  I still have to go to the regular store tomorrow for the things I can't get at costco, like one lemon and one package of pasta.  That was a workout in and of itself!  I found some good stuff at costco though, I decided to compromise on the kids mac and cheese.  I found some organic mac and cheese made with healthier ingredients instead of the Kraft mac and cheese.  Lily is excited to try the white cheddar cheesey pasta.

I made myself a green smoothie for lunch out of ingredients we were almost out of so I could make space for all the new stuff.  It had: 1 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 2 cup spinach, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp flax seed, 2 tbsp splenda, a dash of vanilla, and some extra ice.  For a green smoothie not from a recipe and thrown together with spare ingredients I thought it turned out really good! (Except it was blue from the berries instead of green).  Surprisingly it kept me feeling satisfied all the way until 4:00 when I started feeling hungry again.  It must have been the chia seeds and flax seed.  I noticed that when I eat chia seeds for breakfast I don't feel as hungry later, but if I leave the chia seeds out of my oatmeal or whatever I'm eating, I get hungrier a lot faster.  I did Zumba World Party on the Wii today for my workout.  I love playing Zumba on the Wii.  I love going to Zumba class too :-) but playing Zumba games will always be one of my very favorite since that is how I lost 60 pounds in 2013.

I also did the laundry today, cleaned up the kitchen, and played tea sets with the kids.  I'm utterly exhausted and it's only 6:35!  The kids are watching a movie right now and then it will be time for bed.  My official weigh in today was 156 which I am happy with considering all the pancakes I ate on Sunday and our celebratory meal I ate with Matt on Saturday celebrating him finishing all his classwork for his doctorate (he still has dissertation, clinic, and two internships though, but one of the biggest pieces is now done!)

I have really been trying to be a nicer and happier person.  I feel like I have been really grouchy over the past few months, probably due to my poor nutrition.  I've been reading my scriptures more and listening to general conference talks and trying to be more level headed, now the only hard part is doing it for the rest of my life!

26 pounds to goal

No comments:

Post a Comment