Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sustainability

This week I have increased my calorie count to 1750 from 1450. The goal is to stay as close to 1750 as possible but if I need to add in some of my exercise calories then so be it.  I have been having such a hard time staying on track over the past 6 months and dreading getting back on track that I knew I had to change something.  I just can't right now commit to eating anything lower and my weight has been steadily increasing.  I am back up to 157.6 as of two days ago.  Why did I increase my calories?  Simply because it is easier for me to maintain at the moment.  Thinking about weight watchers they don't have you start out at a very low number for points.  When I started weight watchers I had 47 points a day!  Plus weekly points and activity points.  As I steadily lost weight my points decreased.  As I got more comfortable eating less food, my points dropped.  It wasn't a huge major change.  I didn't go from eating 3,000-4,000 calories a day to eating 1,200 calories a day.  I don't blame anyone who can't sustain that number because it literally is starving yourself.  Thinking about all the weight I have gained I proposed this question to myself:  "12 weeks from now when this facebook challenge is over would you rather weigh 5 pounds less or 5 pounds more?"  The answer was obviously weigh 5 pounds less.  I would rather make a little progress in the right direction than make no progress or go in the opposite direction.  Slow progress is better than no progress and if I had lost 5 pounds in three months over the past six months I would now weigh 133.2 instead of 157.6.  I would have lost 10 pounds instead of gaining 15.  So now I am focusing on making progress forward and doing something sustainable instead of something that just yields results.  If you can't maintain your weight loss then why bother going through all the pain and suffering to get there?

In other news my husband consented to let me buy a Wii mini the other day so I can play my Zumba games!
Source
If you are wondering why I have Zumba Wii games without owning a Wii you can read this post HERE
And I finally got to play my Zumba game!  I have played it two times now, which means that is two more times I got in exercise this week that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten in.  I love these Zumba games, they are lots of fun and so convenient.  I lost 60 pounds in 2013 playing Zumba Wii Core with my sister and playing Zumba Dance on the iPad as my sole form of exercise.  I am excited for the next 12 weeks and I am finally ready to enjoy the journey instead of just looking at the end.
Someone posted this as their motivational post today on the facebook group and I loved it so I am going to share it here too .
Source

1 comment:

  1. I am excited about the journey on fb also. I am still struggling keeping calories down. I did up my calories and I think I will do better my problem is not wanted to give up candy bars right away!!! That is my what I need to make my goal to have a candy bar once a week instead of everyday. But I hate making promises that I am not sure I can keep. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete