Sunday, October 25, 2015

Caching Up

I promise I have not abandoned my blog.  I have just been unusually busy the past several days.  It's been the kids of days where I get up and start going and don't stop until I'm too exhausted to do anything else.  I've had flute lessons, Temple trips, play dates, Home Parties, and various other activities to attend.  On Friday nigh we went to Boo at the Zoo.  The kids had a great time.  I was worried because it was drizzling when we got there but it turned out great.  My feet got pretty wet but it wasn't too cold (we had lots of layers on) and the kids had so much fun.  We went inside and they had lots of booths set up where the kids could get candy and the adults would get flyers from each company.  They had everything from Sams club, to Skyzone, to swimming lessons, and even dentists. 

Lily went as Rapunzel and Chloe went as Cinderella.  Lily's favorite princesses right now are Rapunzel, Jasmine, and Ariel.  Chloe is fond of Cinderella and Aurora.  Lily loved wearing the blonde hair, and if it fell off she insisted that I put it back on right away.  We all went out to Noodles and Co. for dinner when I got the Asian Buff Bowl.
I think it is awesome that they are offering some of their menu items "In the Buff" where they remove the noodles, add spinach, give you meat and double the vegetables.  Score!  And the kids love that place.  Mac and Cheese all the way.  They each got some color changing cups that they wanted to use for their soda pop.  They have never seen anything like that so when Lily's cup changed from pink to purple she was super excited.  Chloe's cup changed from yellow to green.  I only ate one piece of candy (one of those fun size pieces you get for Halloween) so I was pretty proud of myself for that.  My sister came over later that night and we watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.  I love vampires and Vampire movies so I enjoyed it even though it was kind of a dorky movie.  We still had a good time.  I'm going to the theaters with my dad and sister on Wednesday to watch the original Dracula with Bella Lugosi.  I'm pretty excited, it will be a fun time.  My mom is going to take the kids to the church Halloween party while we are out watching Dracula, so they will have a fun time too. 

Today was my sister's 17th birthday party.  I didn't do too well staying out of desserts, but I didn't go nuts and make myself sick either.  I had one piece of cake and one scoop of ice cream.  My mom made a special salted caramel cheesecake for Chase for her birthday and it was Amazing. 

My weight has been hovering around 153, and my goal now is to be able to 'effortlessly' keep it there.  Once I stop the up/down/up/down cycle and feel more confident with controlling what I'm eating and I feel like I have found a place where I am stable and eating generally well most of the time, then I will be ready to start tackling weight loss again, and this time I am going to do it by making a few small adjustments at a time.

1 comment: