Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Seashell Necklaces

I've been having a hard time lately getting the kids to go to the gym.  Lily is usually fine but Chloe has been putting up a fuss lately.  She just doesn't want to go.  When I say we are going to go to the gym she starts crying and fussing and saying she doesn't want to go and then when I drop her off she throws a tantrum.  I've been thinking of stopping my gym membership lately.  The kids have been so sick this year and I'm pretty sure it's because of the gym.  We are in the longest stretch right now that the kids have had of being healthy and I'm thinking it's because we didn't go to the gym for two and a half weeks.  At the same time I don't want to quit because I like going to Zumba class and if I didn't have a gym membership it would be very difficult for me to keep up my running.  I would pretty much have to quit and start over again another day when I had time to actually go running by myself without worrying about the kids, maybe when the kids are all in school, which won't be for several more years.  Also, Lily does like going to the gym and she protested a little when I mentioned quitting the gym.  She said if we quit then she wouldn't be able to see her friends at the gym anymore.  Chloe was all for quitting, she doesn't seem to want to go anymore.  I've been itching to do my beachbody workouts again: Turbo Fire followed by Chalean Extreme, and then maybe getting a new program to do after that.  I'm also looking at things from the perspective of being pregnant (No I am not pregnant now!!!) but Matt and I have decided to start trying for our third.  So I'm thinking about how to handle that with exercise because you can't do high impact when you are pregnant... maybe the first trimester but after that, lifting weights could be a good program, and then maybe Piyo or just finding a maternity program.  It's still a ways away so I don't have all the details figured out.

The weekend wasn't the best as far as eating goes, I went to the annual Harry Potter Party that my girlfriends put together and I ate a lot of junk.  (Hey! When else do you get to eat chocolate frogs, treacle fudge, cauldron cakes, and all those other yummy Harry Potter treats.  ummm... pretty much never).  Yesterday was decent.  I did make some cookies in the afternoon, but I had a protein shake for dinner (mostly because I just didn't want to cook) but also because I hadn't eaten the best earlier in the day and I wanted to keep it light. 

On another note we have finally started doing some things with the seashells we collected at the beach.  Some of the shells we found had holes in the top and so we decided to make some necklaces. 
Now I'm not a jewelry maker and I'm not into jewelry making but I thought that they turned out pretty cute.  (I saw that idea on Pinterest)  I'm feeling pretty tired today.  I'm not sure if it's due to how I've been eating or having interrupted sleep.  The kids have gotten up in the middle of the night several times over the past several nights and the kids wet the bed on back to back nights which was rather weird. 

Other than that things have been going about the same as always.  I know I've been saying it a lot but I really just want to find a good lifestyle, and establish a baseline and stop going up and down and up and down.  I need to stabilize and once I feel like I can sustain my weight at about 150 without doing the on plan off plan on plan off plan, gain 5 lose 5 gain 5 lose 5 crap I've been doing for the past year, then I will look at refining my eating and exercise plan.  For now, healthy and sustainable is the goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment