Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Day 13, almost half way

I've made it over the hump!  Yesterday was a great day.  Today hasn't been as good as yesterday, but I did work out for the first time in a very long time.  I took it easy today and just focused on moving, I didn't want to upset my knee.  My knee is feeling a lot better, but when I ride my bike I can still feel it twinging.  Mostly it's when I bend it and put pressure on it at the same time. 

Two more days and I will have hit day 15 and will be half way done.  I have to make sure to have a plan for afterwards, because it is going to take longer than 30 days to change my habits.  I felt myself today after picking up Lily from school really wanting to get something to eat.  It was hot outside and when we all got home we were all too hot and Lily and Chloe immediately started fighting.  I was cranky and wanted to cope with eating something.  But I knew I wasn't hungry and so I was able to refrain, because I had the plan to fall back on.  I was also craving something sweet or snacky.  I realize now it was because I was upset and it was an emotional trigger. 

I can't say that my clothes have been fitting any better yet, but a lot of them are really tight on me because I haven't bought many new clothes.  But hopefully by the end of the 30 days my clothes won't feel so tight. 

I found an amazing website the other day while I was searching the internet for Whole 30 compliant recipes and came across TheFoodee.com  the site is completely free and it basically is a location of a whole bunch of paleo and whole 30 recipes from blogs.  If you sign up (which is free) you can put recipes in your cart to save them for later and the site will compile a grocery list for you.  You can change the serving size and the site will change the quantities of the food that you need.  It's super cool.  I'm going to be searching around on that site more, but I did find this amazing recipe for a smoked salmon, egg and potato scramble .


No comments:

Post a Comment