Thursday, February 6, 2014

87 days

This morning I rolled out of bed incoherent and exhausted. I am so incredibly sore from the last several days and last night I didn't fall asleep until very late because I was so cold.  It was -10 degrees outside and although we have our thermostat set at 70, our room gets very cold.  I had five blankets piled on top of me and I was still shaking all over from the cold and had freezing cold hands and feet.  Normally I am fine if Matt goes to bed with me since he produces so much heat, but last night he stayed up a little later.  I eventually snuck into Lily's room and warmed myself with her space heater.  We don't have one in our room because we keep the door open to better hear if the girls have any trouble at night.  After about 10 minutes I felt defrosted and went back to bed.  Fortunately Matt came to bed soon afterwards and soon I was very toasty warm.  So anyway, I woke up groggy and tired.

At first I didn't think I was going to be able to exercise today because I felt so crummy but after a few hours I finally woke up and felt better and I completed Burn 3 where we did a lot of shoulder work.  Now my shoulders are more sore than they have ever been!  My hamstrings are still very sore from the workout a few days ago.  Basically.... I hurt all over.  But I was glad that I completed my exercise today and my foot is feeling better.  I still can't do high impact cardio but it doesn't hurt much anymore while walking or doing lunges and squats.  It is still darkly bruised by the toes and is tender when you put pressure on top of it but for the most part it is healing well. 

For breakfast I had cottage cheese with strawberries, 1/4 cup applesauce and 2 tbsp organic pumpkin granola.  The recipe in my book called for walnuts, but I didn't feel like chopping walnuts in my state of mind.  Besides Granola is also healthy and I think it is fairly comparable to nuts.  I also had a  greek yogurt for snack today since we still have several containers that are rapidly approaching their expiration date.  I don't feel bad at all and I think it was a good choice since Greek yogurt is very high in protein, and has about the same amount of calories as all the other suggested snacks. 

I am starting to understand what people mean when they say that your weight costs you money.  By following this food plan I am noticing how much longer already our food is lasting us this week than I thought it would.  Especially in the snack era.  I bought some chicken sausage and I thought I would be eating half a link with my snack today (Zucchini on the bottom, put some pesto on top of the zucchini then top with a slice of chicken sausage and top that with a little bit of mozzarella cheese).  You get 1/3 of the zucchini, 1/2 ounce sausage, 1/2 ounce mozzarella cheese and 1 tsp then bake in oven at 325 for approx 10-12 minutes.  If I ate this every day it would take me 18 days to eat the whole package of chicken sausage!  Normally when I cook chicken sausage we eat the whole package in about 2 days.  

I also have noticed that we have a lot more leftovers now that I am sticking to the portion size suggested.  Last week our grocery bill was $80 and it is usually about $100-120.  I am just hoping that the decrease in our grocery bill stays consistent!

I have been hungrier today than the last several days and I did break down and eat a little bit of the left over granola bars from the girls and I had a second soda today but I don't feel particularly bad about any of that especially since Chloe is still nursing morning and night (I am going to cut one of those out very soon, she doesn't seem so interested in nursing both times and she is over a year old).  And diet soda has zero calories.

So here is something cute to leave you with: Lily is pretending to nurse her little stuffed hippo just like I nurse Chloe.  Super cute.
Displaying photo.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment