Thursday, February 27, 2014

Gone Shopping

This morning I took the kids out to the mall so they could play at the play area before it got way too crowded.  So we arrived around 9am, a whole hour before the Mall opens up.  I decided to make today my rest day since I felt like I needed a recovery day after yesterday and so I took advantage of my free morning and decided to take the kids out and go looking for a green dress for Chloe for my Sister-In-Laws wedding.  You won't believe how hard it is to find a fancy green dress for an 18 month old.  I went to every store in the mall before I found a green dress and even then the top portion was a little more casual than I would have liked, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.  To my great relief, it didn't cost a fortune like I was worried it would since I found the dress in Dillards, and usually everything in there is over $50.  I ended up finding two dresses, one from Macy's that was $60 full price but I could get half off for $30, but it had so much white lace on it, the dress seemed more white than green.  So I settled on the Dillards brand for $28 full price with the more casual top, but the bottom half is so pretty.
Displaying photo.JPG



 I had to get a 24 month dress because they only had size 6-12 month, one 24 month, and one 4T size.  So even then I couldn't get an 18 month dress!  So it is a little big but that means she can wear it for a long time :)
















While I was at Dillards I decided that I should get fitted for a new bra, since they have the best fitting service out of anywhere I have ever been.  The ladies that work that department really seem to know what they are doing and they are very helpful and nice.  The people at the maternity store are less competent, and I have had mixed results at Victoria Secret.  Anyway, when I started losing weight I was a size 40E (I always go up a cup size when I am pregnant and nursing, so for comparison sake lets say 40 D).  And today I fit into a size 32 D!!!  I thought that was awesome!  I had on my Victoria Secret Bras that I bought after I stopped nursing Lily and they were a size 38D.  And now I am in size 32!  Woo Hoo!  That was a great pick me up after being so down yesterday.  The only thing now is that my clothes definitely feel tight.  Really I was between a size 32 and 34, but the 34 they said left a little too much room and if I could tolerate the tightness, I should go with the 32 especially if I planned on losing more weight.  So I decided to go with 32 since they should last me through the rest of my weight loss.

Since today was my rest day I didn't do any exercise, but I tried to be active.  That got much harder in the afternoon when Chloe was sleeping and Lily was watching a movie.  I think I failed because I ended up on the couch browsing different weight loss blogs while Lily was watching Thumbalina.  One thing I am really trying to focus on right now is eating right and not splurging and not eating sweets, since I am really trying to prepare to look the best I can in Emily's wedding photos.  I can't believe how hard it is to stay consistently within 1200-1300 calories a day!  I have only been really focusing on my caloric intake for four days and it seems like years. Ha! Four days, not even a whole week, and I still have a whole month before the wedding!  Well, it will be good for me to get back into the eating healthy mode and avoiding sweets.  I can't wait until I hit maintenance and I can eat more calories in a day.  It is really hard to just eat 1200-1300 calories every day, especially when I start to get really hungry in the evenings, or in the afternoons.

Speaking of getting hungry in the afternoons I have started to eat lunch later, like around 12:30 instead of 11:45 and it has helped a lot for me to not get so hungry in the afternoon before dinner.
In case you were wondering and I suppose it is a good thing to mention, here is what I ate today:

Breakfast:
3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
1/4 cup non sweetened applesauce
2 tbsp pumpkin flax seed granola (from costco)
4 strawberries
cinnamon to taste
directions: mix everything together and eat

This is one of my very favorite breakfasts now.  It keeps me much fuller than cereal or even omelets since it is actually quite a bit of food.  According to My Fit Pal, it is only 230 calories!  I really like cottage cheese now.  I can't quite eat it plain yet, but I love having the applesauce with it to sweeten it up.

Snack 1: Clif Kid Z Bar- 130 calories (I forgot to pack myself a snack when I went to the mall so I snitched one of the kids granola/protein bars,  I had packed them cheerios and goldfish and fruit snacks and two granola bars so I didn't think one would be missed too much).

Lunch: Sandwich wrap with:
1 tbsp basil pesto
2 oz deli sliced turkey breast
onions
pickles
tomatoes
spinach
zucchini
Wrapped up in a 100% whole wheat tortilla wrap from Costco (100 calories for the wrap)
 Apple

With the apple on the side my lunch was 360 calories.  I don't like putting mayo on my sandwiches because I don't think it gives it much flavor and it is about the unhealthiest thing to put on a sandwich.  I like to put hummus or pesto instead as you can get both in a wide variety of flavors to suit your mood.  The pesto is higher in calories though so you have to be more careful with how much you put on your sandwich.

Snack 2: Chobani Greek Yogurt Blackberry - 120 calories

Dinner: Turkey Burger with French Fries approx 453 calories

Total calories for the day: 1,291

I went a little overboard on the dinner calories, I probably ate a little more home baked french fries than I counted.... since I didn't count.  The recipe was great, I found it on spark recipes.  Basically you take a pound of ground turkey, mix in one cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese, one quarter cup green onions (although I went overboard on the green onions they still tasted great) and one packet of ranch dip mix.  They were really flavorful! Every time I eat hamburgers it irks me how many calories are in one bun.  I even got the small buns and they were 150 calories for one bun!  Maybe next time I will just get two big pieces of lettuce and cut out the bun all together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment