Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Discouraged

Maybe it is just a mid-week thing for me, or maybe I am just tired today, or most likely it is because I have been working so hard for a month and the numbers on the scale still haven't budged.  Up at 150.6 for the past several days.  It is a real let down since I was planning on being at 140 by this time.  Of course I have started lifting weights and I have been doing less cardio.  I am almost done with phase one, and so on Tuesday of next week we will see if I made any progress by taking my measurements and body fat percentage and taking new photos.  I am going to try to get down to 148 before then, that will be about a 5 pound loss, but right now I am just stuck. 

This is my first real plateau since I started losing weight, and maybe it isn't a plateau at all because my body is changing.  Hopefully I am losing inches and the scale isn't moving because I am building muscle.  I am sore every day from lifting weights.  But my cloths don't feel any loser.  In fact, today everything seems much tighter.  My pants feel tighter and even my shirts feel tighter around my arms.  Maybe that is just because I am tired today.  I am always tired after doing the Burn Intervals workout for the week.   It's the hardest workout I have encountered in the circuit and it always leaves me shaky and exhausted.  But still, I feel like I am working so hard and getting nowhere. 

Maybe that is just apart of lifting weights though.  I've never stuck with  a weight training program for so long.  I am determined to finish all three months, but today I am not feeling the love.  It's a good thing I have my determination because I am not feeling very motivated right now. 

I am focusing on doing the absolute best I can with exercising and especially eating from now until my sister-in-law gets married the last Saturday of March.  I have a dress I need to fit into, and I am determined not to let the same thing happen to me that happened at Julia's wedding (namely have my dress be a size too small for me).  I am excited to get my dress in.  Here is a picture of the dress I ordered (only in royal blue) and the shoes I am going to wear with it.



1 comment:

  1. Send big hugs to you!!! I know you are so flustered!! I so understand, don't give up! I think it's amazing that you are being so honest!

    ReplyDelete