Monday, February 17, 2014

Back to Blogging


It's been a little while since I've had time to write, the few weeks have been less than pleasant.  The first week of my Chalean Extreme workout, I was so sore that I almost couldn't move come Saturday.  Every muscle in my body hurt and then on Friday night I started getting sick (again! can you believe it?)  The whole next week I was really sick and I was so tired.  Despite that I was determined to get my exercises in and I made sure to do each exercise video every day.  Fortunately weight lifting does not require as much energy as cardio and the one day I had the hardest time was Wednesday which was the cardio day.  I almost didn't make it through the 45 minute video and I had to stop several times.  After I finished I couldn't move for the next two hours.  Fortunately Lily was on the Ipad and Chloe was taking a longer than normal nap.

I did not get my workout in on Friday because we went to Crested Butte to go skiing and I was exceptionally sick on Friday and the DVD player wasn't working at the condo my in laws own.  I was so worried on Friday that I was not going to be able to go skiing on Saturday, and I already had my lift ticket and I was getting really upset, but I couldn't go very far from the bathroom.  Sometime around 3:30am I started feeling better and come Saturday I was able to get two and a half hours of skiing in.  I had a great time while I was skiing but I was really disappointed that I only got to ski two and a half hours.  My goal had been to ski all day (something I haven't been able to do since I first met Matt 7 years ago).  But I think my sickness caught up with me and I was exhausted from not sleeping well the past few nights and being sick.

I feel like there is some external, unseen force that is fighting me losing weight and changing my life around.  Ever since I hit 150 it has been one problem after another.  The day I hit 150 I hurt my foot and I couldn't move for almost a month.  Then, only a week after I start lifting weights, I get really sick.  But that isn't going to stop me!  I am determined to reach my goal.  I can see the changes starting to affect other areas of my life as well with how I talk to others, and other tasks.  I think I'm starting to be nicer and not so snappy.  I'm not quite so jealous of my husband for being able to eat whatever he wants and stay so thin.  When I went over to my inlaws a few weeks ago I washed the dishes for my mother in law (something I usually never had the energy to do, especially to take the initiative to do). 

I really thing that lifting weights and gaining muscle on my body is going to help make life easier and make me happier.  I can't wait to get to my goal weight!  I am super excited to be getting closer.  This morning I weighed in at 149.9!  Under 150 for the very first time!!! (granted it is only .1 pound under but that is a start, especially since I've been between 155-150 for the past month and a half).  So close to 145 and my healthy weight range!  And from there it is just a hop, skip and a jump to my goal weight!

Half way through phase one on Chalean Extreme.  Today I did the extra fat blaster workout that came with the dvd, which is a turbo jam session using HIIT training.  So I added an extra 30 minutes to my exercise because I missed my workout on Friday.    So today I exercised a total of one hour 13 minutes and burned 531 calories.  Whoot Whoot!  I am feeling better today, but I think its a good thing that the rest of the day is going to be more restful. 

And now I leave you with two amazing meals that I piked up over the past few weeks.  The first one is a great lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad: 4 oz cooked chicken, 2 tbsp low fat Caesar Salad Dressing, 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese, 2 cups torn Romaine lettuce, and 5 whole wheat croutons.  Love this lunch, but I love Caesar Salad.











Next is Spaghetti Squash!  I tried this for the first time and I am in love.  My 3 year old loves it to because I told her it was pasta/noodles and cheese.  She tried some and said "ooo!  Crunchy noodles!"  Just cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds and bake for about an hour at 400 deg.  Then get the squash out with a fork making the noodles.  Put your favorite marinara sauce on it and presto! you are done.  Now I made some turkey meatballs with this to add some meat, but you don't have to do that if you don't want

No comments:

Post a Comment