Saturday, January 4, 2014

Argus-Fitness Tracking App

I know I just had a post earlier about a new app, but I just found this one yesterday and I think it is awesome!  Argus is a fitness tracking app and the newest version works with the M7 chip in the new Iphone 5S that I just upgraded to on Tuesday.  The M7 chip tracks your movement while preserving battery life, and this app will access the information stored in that chip.  It asks for your height, weight and gender and uses that to estimate about how many calories you burned that day based off of your movement!  You can also track your runs, walks, and lots of other exercises too (like cycling, zumba, skiing, boxing, etc). Here is a screen shot of my day yesterday.
I am not a big fan of the honeycomb matrix, which took me a while to figure out how to read, but once you get used to it, it isn't bad.  So this basically says that on Friday January 3rd (yesterday) it tells me the weather (high 57 and low of 23) and to the right of that I logged my run.  Yes I ran for the first time yesterday! (I wanted to take my dog out to get some exercise).  So you see that I ran for 11 minutes and 50 seconds, and just above the running tile it tells me how far I ran (.84 miles) not far haha!  Just to the left of the distance it shows me a map of where I ran (just around the circle I live on).  If you click on one of the running tiles it will pull up a summary of your run where it tells you your altitude, and altitude changes, your cadance (steps per minute) and your pace (how fast you are running your mile) and you can scroll across the chart to find out this info at any specific point in your run!  It is so cool.
So after all of my running information (just above it) it tells me how many steps I took yesterday: 10,692 and also my estimated number of calories that I burned yesterday (2,046). 
Yes this means that you have to carry your phone with you all the time or it won't be accurate but most of us carry our phones in our pockets or purses all day anyway. 

On a completely unrelated note, my family came over yesterday for a few hours!  It was nice to spend the afternoon with them.  Especially since my brother is going back to BYU today.  I was able to see him one more time before he left.  Here is a picture of me and my little sister Chase.  I felt underdressed because I was in super casual clothes and Chase looks all nice.  She has a good fashion sense, unlike me.

No comments:

Post a Comment