Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Running

Stop the world!  Jenna has started running!  I am not running very far or very fast.  I don't like running.  I'm not even running for me, but running I am.  I have been on three "runs" now around my block.  The first time I ran .83 miles in 13 minutes.  So why am I running exactly?  I am running to get my dog some exercise.  I have a miniature poodle named Pippin and I feel bad that I have kind of been ignoring him for a while since I have been so focused on the girls and on losing weight.  Now it will be a two way benefit!  I am finally thin enough to where I am not in physical pain when I run (I used to have a lot of pain where my excess fat bounced while running).  Anyway, Pippin needs to get some exercise and he loves to be outside.  I want to get him out so he is not cramped up in the house all day and he gets some of his energy out.  Although I am sure that I am exhausting myself more than him.
Pippin was not cooperating with the camera
This is me before running, I thought it would be better to take a picture of me before rather than after, and I only ran for 17 minutes. Ha! I think I am looking super cool in my CU Buffs outfit.  I got that outfit when I was in the Marching Band and for several years I was too fat to wear it.  I have been wearing the pants to Zumba lately since it has been so cold.

Anyway, here is a summary of my run in my Argus App
So you can see I ran 1.39 miles, and it took me 17 minutes and 11 seconds.  The tile all the way to the right is a map of where I ran, basically a circle within a circle.  I ran one mile in 12 minutes and 21 seconds.  I have a long way to go if I want to get back to my high school time of 9 minutes per mile.  But I am glad that I am getting some extra exercise, and Pippin is getting some exercise too.

1 comment:

  1. go you! I'm so not a running person either! You are so rocking this challenge!

    ReplyDelete