Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Re Connecting

Today I finally succeeded in eating right.  I managed to kick myself out of my food funk I have been for the past week and a half.  My foot is starting to feel better, I can walk almost normal now.  I was looking for an exercise to do since pilates just isn't my cup of tea, and I started looking at the Zumba DVDs that I have.  There is an exercise on there called sculpt and tone, so I put that in the DVD player yesterday to see if I thought my foot could handle it.  I only watched about the first 5 minutes and decided that today was the day that I was going to start exercising again.  There is a 10 day program for getting "toned" and I decided to follow that program and make today day 1.  Basically you alternate videos doing the sculpt and tone 45 minute workout one day and the next doing the 20 minute express video with the flat abs (15 min).  I had to modify several of the moves while doing the video today but I managed to get through it!  Huzzah! 

I have been thinking a lot lately about making a lifetime commitment.  It startles me that when a wrench was thrown into my life I reverted back to my old habits, and even overindulged day after day.  I guess that one comes down to  coping methods.  During the past year I have been able to change my coping method from food to exercise.  I've noticed that when I exercise it makes me feel better and gives me the energy that I need to continue doing what I need to do.  With my foot injured my coping method reverted back to old habits.  I know that I am still an emotional eater but I thought I had made better habits than that.  I am glad though that I was able to kick myself out of this downward spiral today and start fighting for my goals again. 

I am still determined to reach the end, tomorrow I will weigh in and see what damage I did to myself over the past week and a half and then say that what was in the past is in the past and continue to look towards the 140s!  I am closer than ever to hitting my healthy weight zone, I can't stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment