Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Weigh Ins affecting my Mood

I was unprepared for the results today as I stepped on the scale and was shocked to see the numbers 153 staring back at me.  Weighing in on Thursday at 150.8, I was furious that the scale reflected a two pound increase since then.  It is true that we ordered Chinese food for dinner last night, but I only ate half of my portion of food.  Yes this is a 1.5 pound decrease from last week, but I could not mask my disappointment at being two pounds over my Thursday weigh in as I thought I would weigh in the same.  What bothers me the most though is that this affected my mood for the whole rest of the day, and I am still upset about it.  I thought I had been doing well this last week, and I have just been so frustrated lately because I seem to be stuck.  The whole month of December has been up and down, up and down and I am sure that has to do with the holidays, but I have been really frustrated with it.  I have decided to wear my new clothes since they are tighter and will remind me to make good choices so I can fit into them better and they will feel more comfortable.  The past two times I bought new pants, I got rid of my old ones and was forced to wear my new tight fitting pants.  Each time I quickly lost weight to fit into them better and eventually they became lose on me.  If I want this to happen again, I need to wear my new clothes and not focus on how lose my old pants fit because then I think that I can just eat whatever I want to because my pants are lose.

Today was the first day of having church at 1:00 and it was so much nicer.  I didn't feel like I was starving through church and I was not starving when I came home.  I made dinner in the crock pot so all I had to do was make some biscuits and heat up some frozen peas to complete the meal and we were ready to eat!  Sunday this year is going to be crock pot dinner day!  I am super excited for that, and today is the first Sunday in probably a year that I have not over indulged.  In fact I ate 25 out of my 26 points allotted for the day.  Of course I was watching everything I ate since I was so furious with my weigh in this morning.  Normally I would wait until Thursday to weigh in again, but I want to check again tomorrow morning just to see if it was a fluke or not.  I really want to get out of the 150s and into the 140s and finally get into my healthy weight range.  I am afraid I am not very patient, I am so close it is hard to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment