Friday, January 24, 2014

Mending

Still on the mend today.  I thought that you might enjoy a picture of my poor maimed foot since it seems like all I've done lately is complain about how much my foot hurts and how I can't exercise.  So here it is.
Nice and black and blue and green.  This was taken a few days ago so it does look a little better now, but still bruised, especially up by my toes and next to my ankle.  I have noticed that the inside of my foot is hurting a lot now because I have been using that side of my foot much more to compensate for the outside being injured.  So I have been resting the past two days.  An unfortunate side effect of all this rest is that I have noticed myself getting more and more physically tired.  I wanted to take the kids to the park today since it was a nice day and we haven't been out in several weeks and if Lily hadn't been so persistent I wouldn't have gone because I was so physically tired I just wanted to go take a nap.  However, we had just gotten back from a two hour shopping trip so maybe that had something to do with it.  I haven't been to the store since I was injured so we didn't have very much food in the house hence the longer shopping trip.  Still, shopping never used to drain me like that before.

It was a short trip, Lily my 3 year old pooped in her underwear shortly after we arrived at the park and we had to go back home.  The underwear was not salvageable, I will spare you the rest of the details, but we have been trying really hard to get Lily potty trained.  She does very well going pee in the potty but she absolutely refuses to poop in the potty.  She has a long history of stool holding which you probably don't want to read about right now.

Anyway, after the children were cleaned up and put into bed for a nap I had some time to fiddle with spark people some more and found that there are definitely parts about sparkpeople that drive me absolutely crazy.  For one, the amount of ads on their site.  Their site is plastered with ads and they keep popping up and I have to keep closing out of them.  I am not sure why my popup blocker isn't blocking them.  So that takes spark people down a few notches on my favorites list, but their recipe page is still amazing.  I would still say that you definitely need to check out spark recipes.

So, getting back on track with my eating and here was my breakfast:
1 egg with 2 egg whites, some tomatoes, onions and the deli mean (chicken) that we had in the fridge.  Sprinkled with some Parmesan cheese on top, mandarin oranges on the side and a glass of milk (plus you can see my multivitamin and calcium pills too!)  Lots of protein in the eggs, lots of complex carbs in the fruit and veggies.  There is also zucchini cut up and put in the omelet as well.  This is one of my favorite breakfasts, it is fast and easy and keeps you feeling full longer than a lot of other foods.

Speaking of breakfast, I have encountered Cottage Cheese several times and heard that it is amazing for you.  Tons of protein, and other nutrients.  So while I was at the store today I came across cottage cheese while getting the milk and I actually had to stop and think if I was brave enough to actually try cottage cheese for breakfast.  What I have come across is mixing fruit into it and eating it for breakfast.  In the past cottage cheese has been on my bad list for as long as I can remember (along with Zucchini which I now like) so I decided in the end to go ahead and give it a try.  I am going to look up some specific suggestions before I experiment by myself but I hope I like it because if not I will have a whole container of cottage cheese that probably won't get eaten.  Maybe Chloe will eat it, she eats everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment