Friday, April 11, 2014

Baby shower

Sorry in advance, this post has no pictures.  Today was actually a great day. I ate well and I got my weight lifting in.  And then came the baby shower. I had actually planned it all out so that I had a little over 300 calories to spend on food at the shower.  The one flaw in my plan was that I had Chloe with me and it was late at night. That meant after I had eaten my 300 calories that I chose, Chloe kept going back to the food table and I kept seeing the yummy food over and over again. Then Chloe started getting fussy and she wanted a cookie to keep her happy. Because I wanted to stay longer I obliged and before I knew it I had eaten my 300 calories two more times. I wasn't tracking anything but I am sure between the ice cream, caramel turtles, seven layer dip, chips, and pizza dessert cookies, I would not be surprised if it were around 1,000 calories.

I am bummed that I over ate especially since I have been doing so well this week but that is a learning experience. I am trying it learn something from all my experiences now. Learn about myself, understand myself and my body. I think I would have been just fine if I had been by myself, I would have gotten my one plate of food and then plopped myself down in a chair far away from the food and I think I would have been just fine.  But because Chloe was there and I had to see the food again and again, and I had to face that temptation again and again, I caved again and again.  It wasn't until I decided that Chloe wasn't allowed any more food that I stopped eating food.  My stomach kind of hurts now so that is another thing to keep in mind. Of course a sick stomach has never stopped me before.  Before I have eaten so many sweets that I am sick as a dog and throwing up in the middle of the night.  I don't want to be like that anymore.  I will stop before it gets to that point.  So in that regard, I did well tonight.  In the future I will be more prepared when there is tempting food around and I am by myself with the kids.  The kids will get one plate just like me and then we will leave the food for the evening.  No more going back and forth and back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment