Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A trip to Elitches

Yesterday I took Lily to Elitches as a reward for finishing potty training!  Good thing we went yesterday because today is cold and rainy.  I packed a lunch consisting of some fruit, yogurt, a peanut butter and honey sandwich (not ideal but I was trying to think of what would hold up in 90 degree weather) and some of the zucchini biscuits that I made the other day.  Speaking of zucchini biscuits, they are amazing!  I bought a bunch of Zucchini at the Farmer's Market last week and I have been looking up ways on how to use it.  Here is the recipe for the biscuits.  I really liked them.


Garden Zucchini Parmesan Biscuits (original recipe comes from HERE)
Yield: 14 biscuits
Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup seeded, diced Roma tomato
1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
1/2 cup minced fresh basil
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
7 thin tomato slices, halved
Directions:
Place the oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add zucchini, ½ cup tomato, scallions, basil and cheese; toss to combine.
In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, oil and vinegar. Pour buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir just until blended; batter will be thick.
Drop dough by 1/4 cup mounds about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Garnish with fresh tomato slices. Bake until golden brown, 25-35 minutes and toothpick inserted into the center of biscuit comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool about 10 minutes before serving.


It was a perfect day for the theme park.  Lily absolutely loved the rides, and the water park.  We were there much longer than I was thinking and I didn't have enough food for lunch and dinner so I bought something that I thought Lily would eat: chicken fingers and french fries.  Just about the worst choice I could make for eating healthy, but Lily is such a picky eater and I only wanted to buy one thing since the food at theme parks is so expensive and I didn't want to risk getting something Lily wouldn't eat. 
Merry Go Round
Her favorite ride was the jumping jack, it is a mini free fall where the seat goes up and down a pole.  She also loved the paint cans which is a mini version of the tea cups. 
She was a little confused at first, but she got the hang of it.  Around 3:00 when we were done swimming, she was getting pretty tired and after I wrapped her in her towel she squatted down like she always does when she is cold and... just... fell over.  It was the weirdest thing.  Since her hands were wrapped up in the towel she faceplanted into the concrete.  I felt so bad for her, it almost ruined the rest of the day, but after a good cry I got her some ice cream and she was feeling better.
notice how she chose the ice cream that was the exact color of her shirt!
When we got home I am happy to say that I did not skip out on my workout.  I am still working my way through Turbo Fire and I had HIIT 20, Abs 10 and Stretch 10 on the schedule.  I am really good about getting one video done, but when I have to start another one it is much harder for me so a lot of times I just do the main workout, but I made sure I did all three and I was proud of myself for completing it.  I definitely needed to do it after the holiday weekend i had been letting my nutrition and exercise get a little lax.  I really want to get down to 140 so I can take the next picture for my weight loss photos section!  Only 4 more pounds to go.  My body is being stubborn again so I need to make sure to focus on healthy eating.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! New reader from Motivational Monday. Congrats on all your hard work and results!!!

    ReplyDelete