Monday, July 14, 2014

Practically Perfect

Today was one of the few, rare days where everything just seemed to go smoothly, and everything fit together.  Nutrition, and exercise, and even my appetite.  Everything just meshed.  I'm always surprised when this happens as most of the time I am struggling, mostly with nutrition, and staying away from eating (usually the chocolate chip cookie dough currently in my freezer).  But not today.  Today I had oatmeal for breakfast with chia seeds and 2% milk, cinnamon and 1 tbsp brown sugar.  Afterwards I went directly into my workout.  I don't usually workout right after I eat as I will get sick easily but I was doing weight lifting today and that is something I can do right after I eat.  It's the cardio that makes me sick.  After my 35 minutes of weight lifting I decided to go ahead and do what was on the schedule for Turbo Fire, which was a HIIT workout (20 minutes) a core workout (10 minutes) and then a 10 minute stretch.  Even the kids were great through my whole workout which took from 7:45-9:15 to completely finish, much longer than I usually workout (usually around 45-60 minutes a day) but I had the energy and the kids were great.  Also something out of the ordinary.  Most of the time I have to take a break to stop the kids from fighting, or flushing all the shampoo down the toilet, or playing in the dog food.  Lily and Chloe did half the HIIT workout with me and were running around laughing and it was so cute watching Lily do the jumping jacks and squats.  Chloe mostly ran around in circles laughing hysterically.  I wish I had a video of it.  I'm not sure what it was about today, but I'll take it!

After I finished my workout, I packed the kids up for a playdate with some friends at the community pool.  I almost wish I had moved into the neighborhood across the street where my friend lives now!  We don't have a pool in our neighborhood and the kids absolutely loved it.  They had a blast.  I wanted to get some pictures of the kids playing, and that is when I realized just how hard it is to take a picture with your phone while you are in the pool with the kids.  Practically impossible.  But I did manage to get this shot.
That's Lily with the red hair.  We left around noon and both kids were utterly exhausted.  Lily of course threw a tantrum which I was expecting.  My friend took pity on her and bought her and the other kids ring pops and Lily was super happy all the way back to the car.  I guess that is one way to handle it!  As soon as we got into the car Chloe fell asleep.  I'm talking about 30 seconds and she was out.  (and the drive back to our house is about 5 minutes).
After Lily ate lunch she wanted to watch Snoopy, which I figured was a good idea since she had just spent all morning playing in the pool.  She hardly ever takes formal naps now unless Chloe is also asleep and I know Lily desperately needs one and I can lye down with her.  While Matt and I were eating lunch (a sandwich wrap), she fell asleep watching Snoopy.
Score!  Two kids asleep all afternoon!  I was able to get about two and a half hours to myself and I decided to sit back and relax and read a book.  A rare treat.  It was awesome to have a quiet afternoon to myself!  I didn't even feel tired or hungry, which is also unusual.  On the rare occasion that both kids are sleeping I usually fall asleep with them!  And when I get up from naps I am always starving.  I don't know what it is about naps that makes me hungry.  Since Matt was at school tonight I just made myself a shake for dinner, and the kids had eggs and cheese.

I don't get days like this very often but when they happen I gladly take them!



1 comment:

  1. Hey I am new following your blog. I am trying to lose weight to and I understand what you mean when everything just falls in place.

    ReplyDelete