Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 3 and counting

Did anyone else have a hard time getting back on track for the new year?  I tried to start the week after Christmas and I did great all the way up until New Years Day and then the rest of the week was shot.  So Monday started day one again and now, I am so incredibly sore that I can't move without hurting.  I did a body pump class on Saturday and that was very difficult, and left me hardly able to move.  The kids got sick Sunday and were sick through today.  So I did my favorite Turbo Fire video (Fire 45) on Tuesday and my back is incredibly sore from that, adding to all the soreness from body pump and today I went to a CX core class followed by Zumba.  My weight was 158.6 at the beginning of the week (food weight), and now it is 155.6.  Hopefully for the last time.  I wish I could lose three pounds every week!  Not likely though.

I got a flu shot on Monday and have felt tired and weak ever since, although the weakness could be due to body pump.... but I fell asleep Monday night at 8pm and woke up at 7am and was groggy most of Tuesday.  I have been taking Emergen-C twice a day to boost my immune system since the kids have been sick and getting the flu shot leaves you vulnerable for the next few days until your immune system can catch up and process it.  The last thing I need is to get the flu.

Food has been going alright.  It has been hard to pull myself out of the funk I've been in the past three months.  It's so easy to just sit around and eat, and so much more effort to make myself actually go do something in the afternoon.  But I am determined to take my life back and get down to my goal weight.  My goal for this month is to get to 150 by Feb 1st.  That means I have a lot of work to do, and less time to do it in since I got off to a late start.  But I remain optimistic.

I have set up a three month exercise schedule for myself.  I seem to do better when I have a plan.  My father in law is buying me a wet suit for Christmas for our triathlon we are going to do together, so I definitely can't back out now.  I am supposed to do the running leg of the full triathlon we will be doing together in June (?) not sure of date.  He will do the swim, my husband the bike, and me the running.  Well that's just perfect, the running part of a full triathlon is a 10K.  I've never run more than a 5K, so I have a lot of work to do in that department.  I think the triathlon we will be doing together will be in August, which works great for me.  For the next three months I will be doing a 5 day workout: Monday-Body Pump, Tuesday- Body Attack (HIIT, Strength and cardio), Wednesday- CX and Zumba, Thursday-Rest, Friday-Zumba, Saturday- Body Pump, Sunday-Rest
Once the middle of April hits I will switch over to training for the 10K and adding some triathlon training in as well, I don't have all the details figured out yet.  But no later than May I have to start my three month training program for the triathlon.  Again, not figured out but we will get there.  The strength training and cardio will help a lot for the triathlon training, and once I run a 10K, doing the 5K for the sprint triathlon will be easy peasy, so I will be just focusing on swimming and biking instead of all three and that is a little more manageable.

I will have to get some running shoes as the shoes I have are cross training for Zumba and such.  I was reading on Katie's Blog about a shoe called Altra Zero Drop shoes which supposedly allows you to run in a more natural position, and it strengthens the muscles in your feet and lower legs preventing injuries.   I think I will get some of those shoes when I start my running training in three months.  They are expensive but then again, all good shoes are, and after hurting my foot last year at this time I don't mess around or complain about the price of good shoes anymore. 
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment