Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 1

This last week has been incredibly difficult for me.  Both of the girls have been sick with fevers and coughs.  They started getting sick last Sunday (a week ago) and they have gotten worse every single day.  I think Thursday and Friday were the worst, I wish I could say we are coming out of it now, but I am not sure, the kids seem as sick as ever today.  Chloe has it worse than Lily, Chloe sounds like a toad when she talks.  My flu shot last Monday made me feel horrible for the next three days.  My joints ached, my muscles had shooting pains throughout them, I felt weak and tired.  Ugh, totally not worth it.  If I'm going to feel awful for three days I might as well take my chances against the flu.  I have given the flu shot three tries and every single time I have felt horrible for several days afterwards.  Not worth it in my opinion.  So on Thursday when my flu shot after effects wore off, my body decided to get sick and I've been suffering with a head cold probably contracted from the kids.  At least no fever, but my throat was so sore two nights ago that I couldn't sleep.  I had to get up and drink some Chamomile tea.  Despite all this, I have been very active.  My weekly steps are 101,156 which is an average of about 15,000 steps per day!  I wasn't able to go the gym this last week because of the kids.  I did turbo fire a few times which worked my back and shoulder muscles and sent me into a new round of soreness.  I missed both of my planned body pump classes and I was planning on doing Chalean Extreme at home yesterday since I was going to miss body pump yet again but I didn't have the time or energy.  Yesterday we celebrated Chloe's 2nd birthday.  Not the best timing, but the kids still had a lot of fun even though they were not feeling the best.  Yesterday, without exercising, I got in over 17,000 steps which gives you a little insight to how busy I was.  I had to put up decorations, make a birthday cake, and frosting, clean the kitchen, sweep the floors, take down the Christmas tree, help put away the outside Christmas lights, play outside with Lily (it was sunny and it's supposed to be cold again for the next several days), and in the evening go to Wal-Mart to get a birthday present for my Mother-In-Law since we are going to her birthday party today.  (her birthday is two days before Chloe's).  By the time I got home I felt simply awful and went right to bed.

I'm weighing in tomorrow morning.  Today is day 7 and the final day of the week.  I changed my weigh in day to Monday because when I weighed in on Sunday I always way overate on Sunday, so weighing in on Monday gives me some motivation to eat normally on Sunday, which is especially good since I move around the least on Sunday. I rarely hit 10k steps on Sunday.  Most of the time my steps are somewhere around 5k which is pretty pathetic.  So I'm redefining Sunday as not a junk food day.

My manicure stuff for my new hobby has started to arrive and I've been super excited about that this week.  I did my nails on Thursday:
and Mom's nails on Friday:
I'm doing my sister's nails on Monday.  I think they turned out great!  It's super fun, and social!  Well, I have to get back to my sick kids now, I've already pushed my time limit away from them writing this.  Cheers!