Friday, January 23, 2015

Mid-Week analysis

I like to have a mid week weigh in to see how I'm doing and to keep myself on track.  My mid week weigh in showed 152.8.  Exactly what I was on Monday.  I was a little discouraged since I have been working out a ton this week.  But then again, I haven't been eating the best this week.  Someone gave us a giant tin of Royal Dansk Butter Cookies for Christmas and we just opened them up last week.  So I have been into those.  Plus my parents brought over Ice Cream for Chloe's birthday and then left it at our house, so I've been into that.  Plus we have all the Christmas Candy sitting in the pantry... and I've been into that. 

Source
So when you think about it, it's pretty good that I haven't gained anything.  But I certainly don't want to have to exercise as hard as I am just to maintain my weight.  Once I get to maintenance I wouldn't mind so much but right now, that is not the goal.  So I need to tighten up my eating and the only way to do that... is tracking.  I haven't been doing very well tracking this past week.  At best I will track breakfast and then stop which leads to excess snacking in the afternoon.  Yesterday I fought hard.  I wanted to snack so badly but I knew that I had to stop.  Excessive snacking in the afternoon is one of my biggest weaknesses.  I don't know exactly why I have the urge to eat so much in the afternoon (around 2-4pm) but it kills me every day.  Yesterday I painted my nails, and Lily's nails. 

My jewels came in and Lily absolutely loved getting them put on her fingers.  She chose the exact same design as she had last time:  The Yin Yang symbol.  She calls it "black and white" since that is what they call it in Kung Fu Panda 2 and The second Mulan Movie

Then at 3:30 when I thought I was about to die I wanted to snack so bad, I bundled up the girls and we went for a walk.  It was 25 degrees outside, but the kids didn't seem to care.  Lily tromped through the snow on the side of the sidewalk, and Chloe held onto Pippin's leash.  It was the same time that all the middle school kids were walking home so Pippin loved meeting new people who wanted to pet him.  It took us about 40 minutes to walk the small circle around our house.  It usually takes us 15 minutes to walk it in the summertime but Lily was going extremely slow since she was tromping through snow up to her knees, and Chloe fell down a few times because Pippin was too excited and was pulling the leash too hard.  Despite that, it was definitely a success.  We all needed to get out of the house.  When we got home Lily kept begging to go to gym school until I finally said ok (it was my rest day).  So I packed up the kids and at 6:00pm dropped them off.  I went and walked on the treadmill for about 40 minutes.  I was tired, and achy and it was my rest day so I didn't want to do anything extreme.  After that I chilled in the lounge and watched "The Biggest Looser" since that was what was on TV.  It's been a long time since I've seen an episode of that show.  They were down to the final 4 contestants so everyone had lost a huge amount of weight.  I was amazed at how skinny some of the contestants were after only 17 weeks.  Definitely not my weight loss style.

Today my sister is coming over and we are doing Fire 45 from Turbo Fire.  Hopefully knowing that I have to do that workout at 3:30 will keep me from snacking on junk.  I'm taking the kids to the pool this morning as well, so today should be pretty fun. 

I hope everyone is still working on their New Years Resolutions.   This can be the year when you reach your goals, it's up to you.  Chart your own future, take control of your life and be the best version of you that you can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment