Friday, January 30, 2015

Finishing

So I have decided that for my new years resolution (a few weeks late) I am making this the year of finishing.  Finishing projects that I started years ago and finishing this weight loss journey so I can transition into maintenance.  I have several craft projects that have been sitting around waiting for me to finish them.  I have my cross stitch stocking for Lily to finish.  I have worked on that a fair amount since I last posted so here is a new picture of the progress I've made on that.

Then there is the scarf that I started four and a half years ago.  I've been working on that more and it is about half way done now.  It's a cable pattern and I've had to start and stop so many times because I keep getting frustrated.  I think I have it down now though.


Then there is the baby blanket that I started when I was pregnant with Lily and never finished.  I have about 12 squares out of 100 done

And lastly a second cross stitch project I started three years ago.

The last thing I can think of is my Wedding Scrapbook.  I've been working on that for almost 7 years.  I just have a few more pages to do and it will be done.  I think I have four more pages.  I can't wait to get that project completed.  That's five crafting projects and my weight loss journey.  If I could complete all that this year then I would say it was a wildly successful year.  I will post when I complete each one.  It also gives me something to do besides sit around all day and eat food.  Yesterday when I was knitting Lily said she wanted to knit as well, so I got her some needles (she picked the purple ones out of my stash) and I got some yarn.  I forgot that I had donated all my old yarn to a church project last year so I had to give her some of my good yarn and she was engaged in learning how to knit for all of one minute then she said "Mommy, I will do it by myself, you go knit your scarf and Lily will do Lily's scarf".  And then I watched in horror as she proceeded to tangle up all the yarn.  I managed to restrain myself from freaking out though.  I didn't want to squash her interest in knitting over a skein of yarn.

I have been doing well with my eating for the past two days and I plan on staying on track.  It's time to kick this into high gear and finish this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment