Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Staying Busy

I have been doing well the past few days, getting back on track and only 1.8 pounds left until I'm back where I was, that puts me at 151.8 today.  I went to Zumba this morning, did a brick workout yesterday and on Monday I ran.  I have been avoiding the pool, swimming laps just isn't that fun.  I love open water swimming, it's a whole different ball game.  Like how I would prefer to mountain bike than spin bike, but I have to make due with what I have.  I think it's going to be difficult to get my last several training swims in mentally but I have to make sure I get them in.  The swim portion of the race is almost one mile long! 

I have been doing well with eating.  I haven't been tracking, but I've been making sure to watch what I eat and mentally keep tabs on how much I've eaten and what I've eaten.  Today I took the kids out to their favorite restaurant: Noodles and Co.  They have a new menu item called "Buff Bowls" where they take popular menu items and remove the noodles and replace it with spinach, double the vegetables and add a meat.  So I got the Japanese Pan Buff Bowl, it had marinated Steak and it was really good.  It was also under 500 calories and tons of vegetables.  Probably all four servings I needed for the day.
Lunch
 Today was a pretty hectic day.  We left at 9:15 to get to my Zumba class, left at 11:00 and went to pick up flowers for my grandma's birthday party, got lunch, bought sunscreen, had some time to kill so we went to the park, went to grandma's birthday party, came home, had dinner, went to Lily's dance class.  Phew.  At the party I only had a bite of the kids cake, and it didn't taste all that great so I didn't get some cake of my own.  I did get some ice cream but I wasn't loving it so I gave almost all of it to the kids who had already cleared their plates. I've been feeling pretty good the past few days and one thing is for sure, it takes a lot longer to pull yourself together than it does to fall apart.  You can fall apart and binge in a matter of minutes, and to put yourself back together mentally, and physically and get back on track.... that could take weeks.  So it's better to just not fall apart at all.  Now if only I can take my own advice.

On a side note, I have a friend who signed me up for Doterra yesterday (the essential oils).  She has been hounding me to be a consultant for a while and finally she just came up and said "I will pay for your kit".  Well if someone is going to give you $150 in free products I'm not going to say no to that.  So I've been playing around with them and it turns out you can use Lavender oil to treat blisters.  Well I haven't been able to get rid of my blisters by rest, blister bandaids, or moleskin, so I figured I might as well give it a try.  Let's see if this stuff actually works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment