Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wife = Husband

I am proud to announce that today my weigh in is164 making my total weight loss last week 2.4 pounds!  I am super ecstatic as I am the exact same weight as my husband!  I have been heavier than him since we were married (with the exception of about a one month period of time right before we left for South Korea) and I am very excited that soon I will weigh less than him, which is as it should be!  I made my husband weigh himself this morning too just so I could compare and see where I stood and he weighed in at: 164!   So we are exactly the same, and I am going to work just as hard this coming week so I can weigh less than him next week!

I realized yesterday as I was trying to make sure that I didn't eat too much before my weigh in that I get fuller much faster than I used to.  It takes a lot less food to fill me up now.  Whereas I could eat a whole sandwich, chips, yogurt, and fruit for lunch, yesterday I made some sweet potato fries, Matt ate about 2/3 of them so I had about 1/3 of a single sweet potato and half a tuna sandwich (consisting of tuna, light mayo, pickle, celery, and spinach on top).  And that was enough to fill me up.  I ate a yogurt for snack and I couldn't even finish my whole portion of pasta for dinner. 

I have also learned that my eyes are much bigger than my stomach.  I see smaller portions of food and think "there is no way that is going to fill me up" and then it does!  So I still have some major work to do in retraining my brain.  As the saying goes "My eyes are bigger than my stomach" is too true for me. 

1 comment: