After 10 days I am feeling much better, I have a ton of energy, and I haven't crashed in the afternoon once. I think one of the big reasons why I was crashing in the afternoon now is that I just wasn't eating enough food. Eating only 1400 calories a day while doing a high intense workout is just not enough. I am loving eating more food and the energy that it gives me. It's also important to point out that I am eating good healthy food too. I definitely allow myself things that I like such as chips and a few desserts, but I am filling up my meals with good foods. Which leads me to the recipe for today: Apple, cinnamon Yogurt Pancakes! This recipe came out of my turbo fire cookbook, and I changed it up today because I didn't have any apples or plain yogurt. But i did have Chobani Blueberry yogurt so and a 2 pound box of blueberries. So I decided to turn it into blueberry yogurt pancakes. That is a great thing about this recipe is that it is so easily adapted to whatever you have on hand!
makes 4 servings: 1 serving is 2 pancakes of 1/4 cup batter
Note: batter will be thick
1 large egg
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt (I use Greek Yogurt for added protein and less sugar)
1 tbsp vegetable oil (or melted coconut oil for a healthier alternative)
7 tsp honey, divided
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
|Batter will be thick|
1. Place egg, yogurt, oil and 3 tsp honey in a large mixing bowl, whisk to blend. Set aside
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl, mix well.
3. Add dry ingredints to wet ingredinets, mix well.
4. heat large non-stick skillet lightly coated with vegetable oil over medium-high heat
5. spoon about 1/4 cup batter into skillet for each pancake, cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles form on top. flip with spatula, and cook for 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter
6. Top pancakes evenly with apples and remaining honey
Calories per serving: 251
Variations: these may adjust the calorie per serving content
If you have flavored yogurt, add flavored yogurt plus a fruit that goes with that flavor. Examples: blueberry yogurt with blueberries on top; peach yogurt with peaches on top; plain yogurt with fruit of your choice on top; instead of honey on top add maple syrup making sure to keep the measurements the same or make sure to adjust calories for additional maple syrup