Saturday, August 2, 2014

I have a lot to learn

I know that over the next 90 days, if I stick to this plan I will be learning a lot about how to eat sustainably, how to eat properly, and how not to deprive myself so I don't go off the deep end.  Today I wanted to eat one of the brownies that I made two days ago.  They are pumpkin brownies, one of those super easy two ingredient recipes: brownie mix and a can of pumpkin.  Then you make a frosting out of butter, powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice which I think adds a lot of flavor.  Since I made them before the challenge started I can eat them (since the challenge says that I can only bake items with healthier ingredients, I am till allowed to eat other items, I just can't bake them myself ;-)  So I calculated the calories in one brownie with frosting, somewhere around 275.  I then learned that because I ate chips at lunch and a brownie afterwards, I only had about 440 calories left for the day, so I forfeited my afternoon snack and drank 6 cups of water instead, and had dinner which was 450 calories.  Only 10 over which I think is perfectly acceptable.  So I learned that if I want to eat a dessert during the day, I have to make sure I have room for it with my meals and snacks.  Meaning I can't eat large meals (about 500 calories per meal) and still eat my snacks and have a dessert.  One meal has to be smaller to accommodate the dessert.  It's defiitely a learning process, and my motivation and excitement is still high as it is only the second day.  I did the Turbo Fire 55 workout today for anyone who is familiar with the Turbo Fire workouts, and I felt like I was just on the go all day long.  My fitbit says I only got in 11,851 steps though so I must have been doing more work on the computer which made my day feel longer and a little more stressed. 
If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.  That says it all.  I am going to get an amazing challenge over the next 90 days and hopefully, if I can stick with it all remaining 90 days, it will change me for the better. 

1 comment: