Thursday, May 21, 2015

Rainy and Cold

I do not know what is up with the weather lately.  It has been cold and rainy every day for the past three weeks!  It's starting to drive me crazy.  I was all ready for summer, and then BAM! It feels like we are in the middle of December again.  It's even snowed several times over the past few weeks!  Currently it's a nice 38 degrees outside, foggy and drizzly.
That's outside, lovely gray sky.  What you can't really see is all the drizzle, everything is soaking wet

Yuck.  And next week is supposed to be more of the same!  It seriously feels like a second winter.  The kids are both sick again.  Chloe has a raging fever, and won't eat anything.  Fortunately she is getting liquids in the form of apple juice.  Lily has a more mild fever and is mostly just tired and cranky.  We are supposed to spend the weekend in the mountains but it doesn't look like we will be going.  It's supposed to be cold all weekend and snow on Sunday.  I can handle the mid 50s, that's not too bad (we have a heated cabin) but if it's going to rain and snow all weekend that is another thing.  If the kids are still sick tomorrow morning we aren't leaving regardless so I suppose it doesn't matter anyway.  Lily wants to go so badly.  I told her that if she is sick we can't go to the ranch and she immediately goes "I'm all better!".  If only it were that easy.
38 degrees, 98% humidity, A low of 37 and a high of 39 since midnight and 68 degrees in the house.  Ridiculous weather for this time of year

Ok, enough of my rant.  Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty good days.  Chloe didn't get sick until Tuesday night.  I made sure to do my run first this time at the gym and it was a lot easier.  I decided to do my swim in the same day since I knew I needed to have a day off later in the week.  It was a tough swim, I just didn't have much energy for it, probably because I expended all my energy in my run.  Yesterday I did a bike ride and went to Zumba.  Today I'm feeling pretty tired so I suppose it's a good thing that we are just staying home today and resting.  If I can get the kids to take a nap I plan on doing Zumba World Party on the Wii.  I just feel better if I can get a workout in these days.

On that note I have found that my body is now beginning to be more familiar with running.  Before I started the 10K training program running seemed foreign to me and whenever I ran anywhere, whether it was after the kids or to the mail box, it felt like my body was freaking out and saying "what is going on!  what are you doing? stop that right this instant".  I felt awkward, and surely couldn't keep running for any amount of time.  And if I was carrying anything?  (like my gym bag or one of my kids) forget it!  Out of the question.  Three steps and I was done.  But lately we have been running from the car into the gym (why?  remember all that rain I mentioned earlier?  yup, that's why, trying not to get too wet.)  Anyway, I've noticed that my body isn't freaking out as much as I run (I'm talking strictly outside of my planned runs).  It seems to be getting more used to the feeling.  When I first start I still get that initial freak out of wait, what is going on!  But after a little bit, my body seems to say, "Okay, I know what this is, we are good". It's interesting how you can train your body to be more comfortable with certain situations and activities.  I'm glad that I'm getting better at running.  I've always wanted to be able to run and not feel like I was about to die after I just started.

Yesterday, about 3pm I noticed that my mouth was so dry it felt like clay.  I have been slacking on drinking water since Sunday and my body finally put up the red alert.  I literally had no spit in my mouth.  I ate a yogurt and it felt like mud my mouth was so dry, it was really weird.  So I made it my mission to hydrate the rest of the afternoon.  It was like going on a water binge (which I suppose as binges go, is probably the best thing to binge on).  I started out by drinking two 24oz glasses of water, and then I couldn't drink anymore.  After my first bathroom break I drank another one.  Then I had to go out for Lily's Dance recital.  When I got home I drank two more 24oz glasses of water which probably puts me at the most water I've ever drank in a single day.  Needless to say, there were many trips to the bathroom.  However this morning I feel much better and back to normal.  Note to self:  do not neglect your water, especially when you are working out an hour to an hour and a half a day.  

My food has been pretty solid. I haven't gone over my calories, here is what I ate on Tuesday:

Breakfast: 1 c. cottage cheese  1/2 c. organic apple sauce no sugar added, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp flax pumpkin granola, 1 cup almond milk
Lunch: Gamjatang with Rice- 1 large bowl (we went to get Korean Food.  This is a potato and pork soup dish with lots of veggies.  I love it)
Dinner: 2 Kiwis, 1 Peanut butter banana oatmeal "cookie" (I was still pretty full from lunch
snacks: Lemon Larabar
Total calories: 1,502

and for Wednesday
Breakfast:  1 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 2 tbsp PB2, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 cup almondmilk
Lunch : popped chips BBQ flavor, yogurt, 2 kiwi, lots and lots of water
Dinner: Szechwan Shrimp
Snacks: Dark chocolate mocha almond bar, 2 peanut butter banana oatmeal "cookies" (they aren't really cookies, they are the three ingredient cookies I wrote about a few days ago )
4 cups air popped popcorn, 1/4 tbsp butter, frozen greek yogurt
Total calories: 1,775

My journal on MFP is public so you can check it out for more details.  Jenna_bug720


Well if we end up not going to the mountains this weekend I will blog again either tomorrow or Saturday but if we do decide to go I won't be blogging until Tuesday.  We don't get internet or cell phone reception where we are going.  I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend and the weather is better where you are than here!

No comments:

Post a Comment