Saturday, May 2, 2015

Here We Go

Today I officially started my training program for my triathlon.  The program is 12 weeks long which means I have 12 weeks to get ready for this crazy thing I have decided to do.  I would really like to be no more than 145 for the triathlon as I know I will perform better at that weight.  I can really feel the extra weight I gained weighing me down when I do Zumba and other exercises.  On the schedule today I was supposed to swim, but when I woke up this morning I knew that there was no way I was going to be able to swim this morning.  Last night Chloe didn't fall asleep until 11pm due to a very late nap she took and I had forgotten to take my evening allergy medicine last night and I woke up at 5:00 with a splitting headache and burning eyes from allergies.  If I were to swim I would need to put my contacts in and there was no way I was going to be able to wear contacts today.  Fortunately the app I have allows you to reschedule your weekly workout, so I moved things around and ended up with a week that looks like this.
Friday is a 20 minute Run if you are wondering.  For the run segment I am continuing the 10K training app as long as it is still harder than the triathlon training app.  If the tri app gets to be harder than the 10k app I will have to switch.  You can click on each workout and it will give you more information about the workout.  So for today the 15 minute run says: run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute for a total of 15 minutes running.  My 10K training app said: 5 minute warm up, run 5 minutes, walk 3, run 8, walk 3 run 5, cool down 5 min.  For a total of 18 minutes running, so I did the 10K trainer today.  I was sweating buckets as I was doing this run, and I'm on week 6 of the 10k trainer!  I find it amazing how I can go through an hour of Zumba and be just fine, but 5 minutes of jogging (6mph for a 10 minute mile) leaves me dying.  I was sweating so much I could feel it splashing on my arms!  I don't think I've ever sweated so much during a workout, it was crazy. 

I am deleting my fitbit calorie adjustment in MFP because it always throws me off.  I am going to measure my workout calorie burn with my HRM and plug that into MFP.  I will allow myself to eat all of my exercise calories if I feel I need the food, which I probably will.  I have my daily calories set at 1460.  Today my total tracked calories was 1606 with 306 remaining that I ended up not using.  I ate plenty of cookies last night though when I made peanut butter white chocolate chip cookies.  I did manage to stay out of the cookies today. 

Well, I made it past day 1.... now I just have to make it past the next 12 weeks.... and then well.... the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment