Monday, September 14, 2015

Checking out Paleo

Last weekend was awesome.  I absolutely loved going to Time Out For Women, which is an event put on by Deseret Book that is a spiritually uplifting event for women.  They bring in speakers and music artists and it is a lot of fun and inspirational.  I loved going.  Even better I had my Mom go with me at the last minute!  I did pretty good with my eating over the weekend.  The hotel we stayed at offered some food in the club room from 5-7 and so we decided to eat there instead of going out.  They had chicken and hummus and some cheese and fruit.  Along with other things I didn't eat like crackers and cake.

Yesterday I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and didn't do so well staying out of them.  Today I ate a huge lunch of leftover ground beef stir fry and I am so full that my dinner is pretty much just water.  Ok, and I really want to try that Paleo Ice cream recipe I saw in the new book I bought.  I bought the cookbook from the nom nom paleo website 

Source
I bought the hard back copy because I have come to the conclusion that I do not like my cookbooks on electronic format.  I have tried it before and I have a hard time with it.  I'm loving this cookbook.  It's full of great information and really good looking recipes.  Spice mixes to throw on your meat to make easy meals, and how to make perfectly hardboiled eggs that peal easily.  The pictures look awesome and the cartoons are funny.  I bought this book because I loved the Whole 30 so much that I wanted to look more into a practical Paleo approach for long term living I did great on my Whole 30 but once it was over it was kind of like "well now its over" and it didn't take too long to cave and overeat sweets and other junk again.  If I want to be able to lose weight and keep it off for life I have to make a life long change, and I love the idea of eating whole healthy foods.  I also really want to get the kids eating whole healthy foods and less foods like goldfish and fruitsnacks.  Paleo is very similar to Whole 30 which is why I'm looking into it.  I've been going through the book and realizing how much more learning I really need to do and how much I don't know and how much more practice I need.  So I've been thinking about cooking my way through the entire cookbook.  I've never done that before and I've had a desire to do something like that ever since that movie Julie and Julia came out.  I think this might be the book for me!  Except I refuse to make that coffee ice cream in the back.  As a Mormon I don't drink coffee and you have to use brewed coffee in the recipe, so I refuse to make it.  But I will suffer through all the mushroom recipes, and maybe just maybe I will find some mushroom recipes I actually like.  I'm getting pretty excited for it.  I think I'm going to start after our trip to Florida which is the first week of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment