Friday, September 18, 2015

Permanent

It doesn't take long for me to slip back into old habits.  This week has been awful for me as far as controlling my eating.  I did so good on Whole 30, and I felt good, but it was only 30 days, and it ended.  Once I officially decided I was done with Whole 30 all my old bad habits came rushing back.  This past week has been one long carb-a-palooza and I've been left here sitting wondering what happened.  I've been thinking a lot this week about what to do and I've decided that what I need to do is that there is no timeline.  I've decided that on Monday I am going to make a permanent change in my diet, and go Paleo.  It is very similar to the Whole 30 but not as strict, a little more flexible.  I'm also going to keep in rice and some dairy.  If I make a permanent diet change I figured I would need to be able to make it fun and enjoyable and there are a lot of great Paleo recipes I can use for some old favorites like paleo coconut pancakes and paleo ice cream and you can even make paleo cookies if needed.  Naturally I would try not to eat many sweets for a while as I'm learning to switch my diet permanently.  I'm going to start by cooking my way through Nom Nom Paleo. 

I want to do this for me and for my health. I know I need to make a permanent healthy change and I know eating this way makes me feel good and energetic and happy from doing my whole 30.

I'm terrified, and full of doubt, but I'm also determined to make a positive lifestyle change and kick the sugar bug and the binging habit for good. 

We are headed out for the weekend so I won't be blogging for several days.  I'm going to officially start on Monday.  Then I can think to myself that "I just don't eat that" instead of "I can eat that again in a little while".  I really think it is the best thing for me to do. 

So, here goes nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment