Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Backwards

I've been feeling a bit queasy the past several days.  I'm not entirely sure why and I hope that I'm not getting sick.  We are leaving on Saturday to go on vacation for a week to Florida!  We are not going to Disney World since that is a four hour drive from where we are staying, but we are planning on spending a lot of time at the beach.  Living in a land locked state the kids are super excited to go to the beach.  They see the beach portrayed on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and they are so excited to go play in the water and in the sand.  We went to Walmart today and they each got a new coloring book and a very small box of crayons for the plane ride.  I'm going to charge my old DS and get out the two kids games I have for it and bring that.  We are flying on frequent flyer miles which means we have the longest rout that makes absolutely no sense.  We will be having a very long travel day.  Leaving our house at 8:15 in the morning, plane leaves at 11:30 and then we have a layover in Texas before we catch our plane to Florida.  We land in Florida at 7:10pm, with time changes that is 5:10 our time, but still a very long day and I hope the kids are up for it.  We have decided to bring our car seats instead of trying to risk renting.  It's more to carry on but I think it is the best option being cheaper, and safer.  I'm more worried about the flight back, which has us arriving in Denver at 10:30pm which will be 12:30pm Florida time.  But I don't want to think about that right now. 

I did Turbo Fire 40 yesterday and today I started doing Fire 45 but just felt tired and rather sick so I switched to doing Zumba Wii.  I played my flute since I'm going to my grandparent's house on Thursday to play for them.  I feel like some days I play really well and other days I sound like crap.  I wonder why that is, I guess I should ask my brother about it, he is a musician, and ask him if he has days where he just can't play (or at least feels like he can't play) and misses all the notes and sounds like crap.  I've been out of the music loop for so long that I can't remember ever having good days and bad days.... Of course I think I always tried to get out of practicing in High School, so I did a minimal amount of it.  I'm starting to look through my Christmas music to play for my grandparents so I'm pretty excited about that.  I love playing Christmas music.  I'm going to be playing a concert with my sister and brother for all the family at my parent's house and then I'm planning on playing a couple times for my grandparents.  I have some old Christmas books from High School with the play along CDs.  Yeah, that's cool ;-) Anyway, they seem to enjoy it.  I have enough songs I want to play for at least two and a half visits of pure Christmas music.  I am not sure if I will have time to practice it all.  I think a lot of it is pretty easy stuff though.  That's always good for my self esteem. 

I've been working on eating healthy, not been quite as successful the past few days staying out of the sweets.  Ironically enough my stomach was really hurting after dinner and Matt wanted dessert really bad, so of course I made cookies for him.  I ate some of the cookies because, well, they are homemade cookies and they are hard to resist, upset stomach or no.  And the weirdest thing happened.... I actually felt better!  What is that all about?  That is totally backwards, I should be eating healthy and feeling good and eating bad and feeling bad, but today I ate healthy and felt bad and ate unhealthy and felt good.  Weird.  I'm not sure what is going on there. 

I'm going to try to get one more post in before we leave for Florida but Friday will be lots of preparations.  Maybe Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment