Thursday, September 24, 2015

Just let me eat the cookie!

I've been going through some serious sugar withdrawals the past two days.  Yesterday I had a headache all day long.  But at least a fair amount of my bloating has gone down.  As the day progressed I could see myself becoming a little less puffy (or at least I imagined it, hard to tell when It's my perspective of myself).  But by the end of the day my cheeks were a little less puffy and my stomach was sticking out a little less.  I felt better by the end of the day than I did in the morning when I woke up.  Detox stinks, and not just because I can't get my sugar fix.  Stupid sugar, why can't you be a superfood?  Then I'd be the healthiest person on the planet!  Last night I skipped dinner because I just wasn't hungry.  I ate a banana and drank a liter of water.  Last night I put some chia seeds in some coconut milk with honey and vanilla to try in the morning.  I was pretty excited.  It was ok, not quite what I was expecting.  I think the coconut milk was a bit too much for me.  I tried another recipe with coconut water and loved that one!  I had coconut water because they were on sale at sprouts and I popped open a can to try at lunch today and I really didn't like it.  So I figured there had to be something I could do with it, and chia pudding came to mind.  I loved the chia pudding made with the coconut water.  The recipe was 2 cups coconut water, 3/4 cup chia seeds, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup.  I have organic pure maple syrup so I used that.  You would be surprised how much maple syrup is actually just sugar, high fructose corn syrup and maple flavoring.  It's definitely more expensive to get the real stuff but it is so good, and much healthier if only by the fact that it's not fake or processed. 

Yesterday I went to Zumba and today I am really sore.  I'm surprised at how sore I am.  It's not like I haven't been exercising.  but my legs and my arms even are sore.  Today I've been pretty grumpy.  Definitely hit the "kill all the things" stage.  Today is day 3 and this evening was super hard not to eat sugar.  I really wanted to eat some cookies from the cookie jar (the sugar cookies we made on Monday that I gorged on on Monday) and when we went to the grocery store to pick up a couple things all the sweets kept jumping out at me.  It didn't help that Halloween is close by and so all the Halloween candy is up front and center and in your face.  Unlike yesterday I was super hungry this evening.  I went to the gym in the early afternoon and just did a fast walk on the treadmill for an hour.  I was pretty tired and didn't want to run, not to mention that my legs are sore and so I couldn't run if I wanted to.  I decided just to take it easy today.  I was really tired by the end of it so I'm glad I didn't do too much.  Still working the junk out of my body, it will probably take two weeks to get back to feeling like my healthier and more energetic self. 

This morning I had chia pudding and left over egg/sausage cups.  I've started a paleo board on pinterest and I'm trying to find some diversity in my breakfasts.




Lunch was egg salad with avocado and tomato and lettuce.

Dinner was a really good cucumber chicken salad.  I was given the recipe when I signed up for Paleo Magazine emails. 
And I have been using my soda stream to carbonate some water so I can have some fizzy water.  It really helps with soda cravings, and I don't have to get all the other artificial junk in the soda.  Just water and bubbles

1 comment:

  1. I am out of control and I don't know what to do about it! I am so tired of counting calories. I do not want to totally give up foods I like. I just would love to find my motivation. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete