Monday, September 21, 2015

Whole 30-Ish

We just got back from having a good weekend in the mountains.  It's always nice to get away for a little bit and having Matt around.  We left Friday night and came back this morning.  Over the weekend I've been thinking more and I really want to be able to find a good lifestyle so I have decided on some first steps.  I feel confident that I can give up candy pretty permanently.  I usually eat candy when I am in a binging state and I'm trying to find as much sugar as possible.  Other than that I don't eat much candy.  So I've decided to go ahead and give up candy pretty much permanently.  Just candy though.  I've been worried about giving up some of my favorites for forever so I've decided to take it slower. 

However I've been feeling really yucky and bloated over the past several days from having an out of control diet this past week.  So I'm going to do another Whole 30-ish month.  I'm not going to cut out rice and I'm not going to be so incredibly strict on added sugar in my spices, but I just feel out of control and rather sick and I know that going back to the Whole 30 will help my sugar cravings and just help me feel better, then I can start really working out what is a good diet for me.  I am planning on cooking Paleo at home. 

Matt and I have been talking and we are thinking about having another baby.  I've been pretty nervous because I got really sick and really tired when I was pregnant with Chloe.  And this is the last year I have with the kids before Lily goes to school.  When I was pregnant with Chloe I was so tired that Lily was basically watching the ABCs on youtube on the ipad for several hours a day.... Granted she learned the ABCs and all the sounds but I don't want to be knocked out and sick so that I can't do anything with the kids anymore.  I think a very important part of preventing that is really controlling my diet.  When I was pregnant with Chloe, my diet was horrendous.  And that probably greatly attributed to how sick and tired I felt. 

It also gives me more to think about because getting pregnant again means no longer trying to lose weight and it also means gaining weight.  I want to make sure it happens in a healthy way and that I don't gain as much as I did the first two times.  The last thing I want is to end up back at 200 pounds.  But that also puts a new spin on everything.  Suddenly weight loss is no longer a goal.  So if I'm not losing weight then why do I want to eat healthy and why do I want to exercise?  I'm going to be forced to change my Why or risk gaining everything back.  It is so easy to just throw everything out the window and eat and eat and eat when pregnant. 

Well one step at a time I suppose.  For now I'm going to work on deflating and getting back to feeling energetic and good.  And now I will leave you with some photos of this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment