Saturday, October 4, 2014

New Facebook Group!

I am super excited to announce today that I started a Facebook Group today for everyone who is interested in joining together for inspiration and motivation.  If you would like to be a part of a group for accountability, motivation, inspiration, community, and fun then you should join.  Just search facebook for Modestly Slim and you should find the group I created, or to make things easier just click HERE and you should be directed to the group page.  It is a close group so you cannot see the posts unless you join.  This is to protect the members of the group since some people may choose to post some more sensitive information and I want to respect everyone's opinions.  This is a great way to connect with me and others on Facebook and to really get involved! 

My group page!


Today I want to update you on my sugar free goings on over the past few days.  I thought that I would feel nervous, frightened, or maybe even upset.  What I didn't expect to feel is relief.  But that is the feeling that I have been having over the past two days.  I am so relieved that there is an entire food group: sugar, that I no longer have to worry about.  I used to worry about whether or not to buy candy in the checkout line, complaining that I never got to our couldn't.  Always avoiding the candy isle because that was the forbidden isle.  I would be all consumed in eating desserts, getting as much as I could and wondering when the next time I would get something sweet would be.  Wondering if I should order dessert with my meal, or get an ice cream at the mall, feel deprived if I didn't and feel guilty if I did.  I would worry about not being able to stop eating, worry at social events that I would look like a pig because I was eating too much.  Never feeling like I had enough until it was too late and I had eaten too much and my stomach ached.  Sugar was always involved during a binge, and eating sugar just made me want to eat more sugar and eat more unhealthy food.  Whenever I ate it I never wanted to eat anything healthy the rest of the day, it was a really weird feeling and definitely not conducive to a healthy lifestyle.  Now I just don't have to worry about any of that anymore because I simply will just say no, I am not eating those foods any longer.  I don't need to worry about it any more, those foods can't hold any power over me any longer.  I felt like a great weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I could finally breathe again. 

Today when my husband asked me to make him brownies, I didn't even want to eat the batter, I simply thought to myself "that is one giant bowl of stomachache".  And I didn't even lick the spoon, spatula, or even a finger.  After they were baked there was a moment when I was getting my kids a piece where I thought I kind of wanted a piece.  But then I thought, if I eat one piece, I will want another, and then another, and then another and soon I will be stuffed with brownies and feel sick all night.  After that, I didn't want any.  I found it surprisingly easy to say no to the brownies today.  I do not know if that will be true tomorrow, or a week from today.  I hope it is.  The way to make lasting change is to change from the inside out and I genuinely want to make this change.  For the first time, I genuinely want to give up sugar to feel better, look better, and be happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment