Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Weigh In

I have felt very good about how this last week went.  I have now been dessert and candy free for just over two weeks.  I am glad that I was able to identify my trigger food and remove it.  I haven't binged since I removed desserts and candy and I am very proud of that.  Every time I even think about having just a taste of something my thoughts lead to binging thoughts and I know that one piece will not ever be enough.  I've been reading a book called "Food Triggers" which I will talk about a little more later but there is a great quote in there that describes trigger foods perfectly "One bite is too much and a thousand bites will never be enough".  That pretty much sums it up, one bite of a trigger food sends you off the deep end and more often than not you end up binging.  That's what happened to me more often than not.  I would do very good for about 5-6 days and then I would give into my trigger foods and end up binging because it was off limits tomorrow.  A very unhealthy cycle that I knew I needed to break and get out of if I ever wanted to make peace with food and live a healthier life.

My workouts have been great this week.  I was able to do a longer run/walk combo than I thought I could, I even ran a whole 5k on the treadmill.  I started lifting weights with the weight machines at the gym.  I love the weight machines because you don't have to know which exercises to do, they are spelled out right there for you.  I do all the upper body machines one day and all the lower body machines on another day.  I add in the abs with the upper body and the back with the lower body for a total body workout over two days.  I also did my longest swim thus far: 900 yards (I almost added an extra zero to that as a typo, now that would be an impressive distance!)

Last night however, I spent the whole evening throwing up.  Chloe has been sick this past week and I think I finally caught it.  I didn't fall asleep until after 2:30 am, possibly later and when I did sleep it wasn't very restful because my stomach was cramping so badly.  My poor husband woke up this morning throwing up as well.  I suppose at least it is Sunday and neither of us have any plans on Sunday, except church, which we will not be attending today.  My stomach is still cramping pretty badly, but I was able to keep down some saltine crackers..... at least for the moment.  And so I leave you now with my weigh in:
146.0!  Down 2.2 pounds.  I am extremely happy with this but I am a little skeptical since I am not sure if this is artificially low from expelling so much intestinal liquids.  Ahhhh how the scale is unreliable.  Well, I suppose I will find out next week if this number is accurate or not.  I am glad that I have made progress with my scale obsession, if the number is up next week from this I will know why.  Although to tell the truth if the scale had to be artificially high or low I would definitely prefer artificially low, wouldn't you? However, I'm not sure I really like the process you have to go through to get the scale to err that way, much easier to make it err higher, all I have to do is eat something with lots of salt in it and boom!  two pounds up for the next few days.  Anyway, I'm rambling now so I am going to go lie down.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad that you have been able to keep to you no desserts and candy. Also happy for you and your scales moving!. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete